Jay Mohr got an icy glare from Danica Patrick after a joke at the Sprint Cup banquet

I think she responded appropriately and if the host can't handle her dry humor, then he has a problem.

By the way how old is her kid boyfriend. I know girls mature quicker then boys, but she looks like an older lady with a much younger boy friend.

In this case, the joke was to close to the truth. But she is what Nascar is all about these days; minimal talent, a pretty face that can sell...and you're in the world's biggest dog and pony show.

He used to live about 10 minutes away....his parents are still here....I watched him race karts....then went on to sprint cars & then on to midgets for Carl Edwards & then Tony Stewart & then ARCA with Jach Roush...Nationwide...& now Cup. Mike, you are refering to the meet & greet that Ricky & Brittany did together back in 2010 at the Southaven library after finish 3rd to Dale Jr & Joey Logano at 'dega. Ive known him for awhile...he was one of those that when you saw him on the track he was gonna go somewhere with his talent. What was cool was...the year that Bobby Hamilton won the truck race at Daytona....during the winners interview...I just happened to spot Ricky in victoy lane talking to a few people.

I think she responded appropriately and if the host can't handle her dry humor, then he has a problem.

By the way how old is her kid boyfriend. I know girls mature quicker then boys, but she looks like an older lady with a much younger boy friend.

She was mad because Darrell Waltrip was not there defending her as he did all year on t.v. She has no humor when it comes to her being poked at for her short comings, and no results to justify all the false hype. She wins the first pole of the season,and then falls flat as expected. She made alot of money for being a sub-par driver,and a good marketing tool so why be so poor of a sport. Many out there would jump at the chance she has been given. Next year there needs to be an award for the best temper tantrum at the banquet.

This "sophomore" year for Danica will be very interesting. The pressure doubles between the rookie season and the second season. Will she crumple under the pressure? I'm not saying every driver has to win in their second season, but if they are in a good car they need to at least show that they have the ability to win. Soon it will be tantrum time!

Perception to who a driver should be and how they should behave is always about the moment, believe me I have had the opportunity to interview some great kart racers and as to be expected their demeanor is consistent with the circumstances of the interview. It is never a positive to belittle someone when they can not reply to the statement. It was interesting how Miss Patrick replied to Mr. Mhors comments after during an interview with another interviewer. Danaca Patrick has been a voice in sprint cup and an inspiration to many young female racers in karting and for that I am thankful. I will guarantee you if she decided to come to a kart race there would be a mad house of reporters and a full capacity crowd that come to meet her and possible interview her, because she came back to her so called roots......
As a result of her stardom congratulations to a person who for all intent is living a dream we all would gladly swap even if for one weekend.

scott@chaindraggone

She was mad because Darrell Waltrip was not there defending her as he did all year on t.v. She has no humor when it comes to her being poked at for her short comings, and no results to justify all the false hype. She wins the first pole of the season,and then falls flat as expected. She made alot of money for being a sub-par driver,and a good marketing tool so why be so poor of a sport. Many out there would jump at the chance she has been given. Next year there needs to be an award for the best temper tantrum at the banquet.
Her 'problem' is that 'she' thinks she's a race car driver. She has yet too realize that she is 'just-a-tool'!

Her 'problem' is that 'she' thinks she's a race car driver. She has yet too realize that she is 'just-a-tool'!

I understand what you are saying with that statement.

The same came be said for just about any participant in any sport.

Danica is a race car driver, she has been successful and competitive in several venues.

Her problem, as opposed to to the other drivers that regularly finish out of the top 20, is the aggressive marketing that is Danica Patrick.

But then again, if someone wanted to mount a media campaign focusing on the rapidly balding gentleman that is Briggs Poor and pay mega bucks, I wouldn't kick them out of bed.

Back