jetting question on holy moses. ...

Drew-21

This past weekend my engine was very slow on the start. Had several people tell me too check the jets. What should the jetting be for a #400 super heavy? I'm asking about both jets too so I can get it right.

Thanks

Adjust the low speed/pilot jet to help you tune the low end of the power range, and adjust the main to help with the top end of it. I would say .22 low speed jet with a .39 main. I have a holy moses also and it took my engine builder a few tries playing with the jetting to get it figured out where it works best, but you also have to look at what cam/timing you are using when you choose jetting, not just the class your running or engine.

Assuming it was OK before, with the jets you now have, I’m going to guess something else is wrong.
The first thing I would do is check the compression. Then I would do a leak down test. After that, I would go through the clutch.
Now there is the possibility that you have had a big change in air density, so that could throw the mixture off.
Of course I’m just guessing. You didn't say what jets you now have, and knowing that might help.

If you were only have a problem on the start and nothing else, it wasn't your jet. I would be looking at the clutch like Yakattack said

Back