Jetting question

Just now I am thinking if you remove the bottom o-ring .
Your effectively bypassing the jet in the low side .
that is correct... the internet advice to do so is pretty prevalent... that and a 140 etube.... bad internet advice .... treat the low side as a separate carb like an accelerator pump ... tune it only for idle and transitioning to the main... it is key to that early off the line response...

that is correct... the internet advice to do so is pretty prevalent... that and a 140 etube.... bad internet advice .... treat the low side as a separate carb like an accelerator pump ... tune it only for idle and transitioning to the main... it is key to that early off the line response...
i agree i saw all these post to remove the o-ring and tried it. Trash, absolute garbage. Just enlarge the pilot jet to the correct size, all these guys trying to do all this without a dyno are peeing in the wind. 100's upon thousands of dyno pulls and unless you have built that exact same motor you are still guessing at it most of the time until you hit it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys who know zero about these sa carbs like alvin and others would rather disseminate bad/wrong info than just not say anything when they don't know... someone said "fuel tower" what? which part is that? because on carbs i build i have yet to see one or know what it is... why is a 18 or 19 a good low side? and why is a 31 or 32 a good main jet? if you do not address the emulsion tube and understand what it is doing and when.... the last thing you need to be worrying about is jet size....
Before you go bashing someone , why don't you read what was said . I mentioned ( Depending on your build ) which I don't believe was ever brought up , The question from the beginning was about the engine possibly being flooded . And for the jet sizes I recommended , those were what I was told by a carb guy that does many of these carbs , as to what he suggests as being the right size for a Stock engine . I never said I was a carb guy , just adding to the post as to what was recommended to me for a Stock engine . I thought the info I was picking up was interesting .

Before you go bashing someone , why don't you read what was said . I mentioned ( Depending on your build ) which I don't believe was ever brought up , The question from the beginning was about the engine possibly being flooded . And for the jet sizes I recommended , those were what I was told by a carb guy that does many of these carbs , as to what he suggests as being the right size for a Stock engine . I never said I was a carb guy , just adding to the post as to what was recommended to me for a Stock engine . I thought the info I was picking up was interesting .
bashing? wasn't meant to be... Just like to know the "why" beyond it's what someone told me....

I think I may have found my issue. Done a plug check and it looked great. Checked my timing and it was off. Pulled the flywheel nut off and the flywheel has turned when I had tightens the nut so I reinstalled it a rechecked the timing. I’m happy with it now. Off to the races. Thanks for all the input. I’ve certainly learned a lot from my first post!!

Back