Jimmy D Harris

Jimmy D Harris

Just bought at new Predator 6.5 Hemi. Going to use it in a Shriner Chevy Jr for parades but want some extra speed to put on a great show. What mods do I need to do? Should I change head,cam,flywheel?
Please give me some help on waking this engine up a little.

Simple 14cc honda head, 22lb valve springs and Mod2 cam, along with a pipe/muffler and an air filter adapter will give you all the extra pep you want, with about $100-150 spent and will all bolt right on for the most part

W5R, why would you replace the head on a fun motor? If it's compression, how about a thin gasket? I like the cam, filter, and pipe, but get rid of a new hemi head on a Shriner motor? Am I missing something?

Just want to be sure I can out run the other guys that have slight mods. What about governors.....Remove? If anyone has part numbers as to what to order, PLEASE send them to me.

Because he wants a little more power or bang for the buck to play around with and that is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to get it. On a stock hemi predator, the compression would jump from 8.5:1 to about 11.5:1 with a 14cc head and thin head gasket swap, add a little more ignition timing and retune the carb along with the cam, springs, exhaust and air filter and you now have a reliable 13-15hp engine with plenty of power to play around in parades or in the yard.....if the carb is changed also it would be even better, even if its just a cheap Mikuni 22mm from eBay. Added power with little money spent I believe is the goal here

- - - Updated - - -

You should be able to get everything you need from somewhere like NR Racing or smallenginecams.com

You might be able to get the extra speed you want just by removing the governor, adding a good set of 10.8 valve springs and rejetting the carb if you were to change the gearing on whatever you are using it on. Gearing can make a completely stock ungoverned motor run alot different sometimes when done right

Back