Joe Gibbs KRT 0W/20 vs Mobil 1 Race oil 0W/30

Joeylipss

Hi everyone,

New to the karting world, my son has just started in the Honda (GX160) Cadets so I have a shed load of learning to do.

I was wondering what is your thoughts on the Joe Gibbs oil vs Mobil 1?

I have had a conversation with an engineer who has built alot of race engines in his time and his believes is that Mobil 1 is the only true fully synthetic oil and the rest is Mobil 1's oil in a other bottle or a diluted copy.

Which has made me intrigued so I thought I would go online and download the specs for both oils but I cannot find anything with Joe Gibbs Specs any where.

I understand that the correct oil is important for many reasons to lubricating, heat dispersant, anit foaming and also the Viscosity to allow the engine to spin up quicker with a lighter grade. along alot more reasons am sure.

Does anyone have Joe Gibbs KRT properties data sheets?

Below is the link to Mobil 1
https://www.mobil.com/English-US/Passenger-Vehicle-Lube/pds/GLXXMobil-1-Racing-Oils

Thanks
John

Purchase the oil your kart shop sells, and go kart racing. As a novice, you need to focus on how to race karts, not the properties of the various lubricants, and people's opinions of them.

Purchase the oil your kart shop sells, and go kart racing. As a novice, you need to focus on how to race karts, not the properties of the various lubricants, and people's opinions of them.

10 years later I still order the oil my builder tells me to. Oil is not oil, use a karting oil and stick with it.

Before the Animal came along, I spent a year running Castrol Full Synthetic 5w20 in an alky burning box stock flathead Briggs just to prove it would work. That not withstanding, I recommend following the advice given by PD Engines and Kj26.

Oils you use on the street have less protective additives in order to pass emissions. Years ago all I would run is Mobil 1. It has changed over the years due to the EPA. The driven line is one of the best lines of lubricants and oils used by many top racing mechanics. I am personally using KRT in my engine. Oil dose matter for longevity of an engine.

If you are in the North Georgia area I'm about to do a bulk order of KRT (I am a dealer for driven)

http://www.drivenracingoil.com/dro/krt-4-stroke-karting-oil-16107html/

Back