John Force

Both Frank Manzo and John Force are among the very best ever to NHRA drag race.....particularly in the non-gas burning classes.

Manzo is the man and most underrated. Both Force and Manzo will most likely never be topped.

Force is out with Castrol/Ford because he is old. I sent an email to Castrol and told them since they no longer supported Force I no longer supported them. They replied with a BS answer.

I worked for Advance Auto and at that time they sponsored Cruz Pedrgon. It was about a $3M deal. They were considering sponsoring Carl Edwards on a full NASCAR deal and that would have taken AAP's entire advertising budget!

The best bang for the buck is Monster Trucks and that is where AAP put their dollars. Most of those people are the WWF crowd and that is where the money is. Did you know that the Monster Truck guys are "paid" to crash their trucks?

That is what I do not like about WWF or any wrestling and Monster Trucks, its all fake and about drama, but that is what seems to sell. Look at TV, way too many fake reality shows.

Anyway, I like the ADRL, very few rules and more independent racers. Sure Al-Anabi is in there but does not dominate. Its a great show and you should go see it.

Its all door slammers. Hey Jason Scruggs ran 3.52 seconds at over 219MPH in the 1/8th mile! I think a NHRA funny car runs about 3.32 in the 1/8th!

Without the correct fuel management keeping a fuel engine loaded that car is not going to be fast. I've see some computer print outs from top fuel bikes and there's a lot more than clutch management that goes into making a nitro engine run fast.

Costs for all fuel racing at the top level has gotten so far out there it takes most out of the game. I'm not sure about the cars but I bet right now in the world there is less than 10 top fuel bikes that could show up and have a chance to win. I can only think of 5 but I'm sure I am missing one or two more.

I think like Pavehawk said check out the local pro mods.

Ben Braun

WJ didn't have much nice to say about NHRA . The grand stands do tell, a story about condition of NHRA. The two Pomona races were always pack in the passed. WJ was saying the cost of running a PS and a Fuel Car almost the same. 20000 thousand for valve springs, he went on and on . WJ was never my Fav. but he has always told it like it is. I wonder how Wally would be doing this if he were still at the helm. NHRA may have make the race season smaller and tighter keep ship afloat. Might even have to go to a Div type of format get more bodies and smaller buget crews in mix.

John Force is truly amazing, particularly if you can remember him when he first started, he seemed to me to have blown up every way possible and run off every track end at least once and on fire 1/2 the time, and last night when he was commenting on his 16th. Championship, he said; "The Ace has 17" . I can remember seeing the Ace at Englishtown back in the '70's when I still ran my top Fuel rail as a Gas car.in BB/GD.

WJ didn't have much nice to say about NHRA . The grand stands do tell, a story about condition of NHRA. The two Pomona races were always pack in the passed. WJ was saying the cost of running a PS and a Fuel Car almost the same. 20000 thousand for valve springs, he went on and on . WJ was never my Fav. but he has always told it like it is. I wonder how Wally would be doing this if he were still at the helm. NHRA may have make the race season smaller and tighter keep ship afloat. Might even have to go to a Div type of format get more bodies and smaller buget crews in mix.
Used to go to Memphis when the track was open and WJ had a sign hung on his hauler that said "this is our job and we are working, don't ask for autographs until the race is completed" This just rubbed me wrong and never cared for the guy since.

Back