jones templet

Yes it is. Every tire guy has their own way of doing things through trial and error. A lot of research and development is involved. I would say no tire shop will let their info get out.

Some have found that not all templets are good the way they say to place them in cutter...some have better results with templets flipped over...depends what you are looking for in the profile of the tire...flat cut wont win to many races around here Preston....biggest thing in this area and probably many others is getting the camber cut out of the tire...with rounded edges to widen the tread patch...when I say flipped over..it means to put slot of templet on the left side and not the right...it also depends which way you mount your tires on wheels...camber to the inside or outside...on how the templets are placed in cutter...there are many variables of how the outcome of a fast winning tire will be...once you get there as we have..then its tough to stay on top the cutting game to keep tires winning through out the years...lots of R an D...keeps us up front...

I have ran many test over the years...there is even a wrong way to surface tires...I had 2 sets 3 race old tires...ran 10 laps..time..I surfaced 1 set..picked up 2 tenths...another person surfaced other set and only picked up a few hundreths...same with needling tires in spring and fall...good for a tenth on most nights...summer time...you can actually loose time in laps...locks down...these test were done at cerro gordo/ bistate and benhur.and even indoor racing...springfield, duquoin, bmi.....many times within a week of each other....main thing is you have to have a good understanding of how tires will react to the dirt we are racing on...same goes with prep...not everyone can win every night...but , as tire guys we do our best to keep customers up front....I can and will show you proper way to surface a tire that will be fast almost any where nation wide...Deppe is going through this same learning process as you...good luck...and you see me at the track..just come by and ask...or message me on facebook...I told you before I would help you get going...

Back