Jr 1 engine questions

Eric85629

My kids are getting ready to graduate into jr1 next year and I'm having a hard time finding out the build restrictions.
1- Exhaust, The akra book just says the exhaust has to be an akra approved pipe. Does this mean it's the tracks decision to require a weenie pipe or regular pipe?
2- Camshaft, the book doesn't give different specs for Jr vs Sr. Are cams allowed for jr1? If so is there a limit such as the cl1 or cl2?

I'm planning to just start with the basics until they are comfortable enough to want more speed. Just planning on an air filter, whatever pipe the track decided on, and an arc flywheel. Eventually I'll put the cam and springs in but I just want some clarity on what's allowed.

As always, thanks for any input.

Cam specs are the same be it JR or Sr .
I would think this situation a cl1 and springs would be fine .
A worked carb is a necessity though either way .
Pipe as you stated check track rules to be certain.

Cam specs are the same be it JR or Sr .
I would think this situation a cl1 and springs would be fine .
A worked carb is a necessity though either way .
Pipe as you stated check track rules to be certain.
Appreciate it. Am I right in assuming the cl1 is good due to the restrictor plate making it harder to obtain high rpm and the cl1 having a lower rpm range?

You really need to get with your track's promoter or tech guy and figure out your rule book. Is the track sanctioned by AKRA not many are on the west coast so be sure to have your rulebook before you start building a engine. I thought you had said you were building predators?

You really need to get with your track's promoter or tech guy and figure out your rule book. Is the track sanctioned by AKRA not many are on the west coast so be sure to have your rulebook before you start building a engine. I thought you had said you were building predators?
The track hasn't had any kids in Jr flat karts for a long time so they don't have a set of rules. Not sure if they are sanctioned by akra but those are the rules they follow for the adult clones. They just decided to stay with akra rather than building the predators we already have in the kids karts. We are hoping that sticking to akra rules for the kids will make it easier for outsiders to come participate. Ive been talking to the tech guy & officials to help make decisions which is what prompts a lot of the questions I ask here.

The track hasn't had any kids in Jr flat karts for a long time so they don't have a set of rules. Not sure if they are sanctioned by akra but those are the rules they follow for the adult clones. They just decided to stay with akra rather than building the predators we already have in the kids karts. We are hoping that sticking to akra rules for the kids will make it easier for outsiders to come participate. Ive been talking to the tech guy & officials to help make decisions which is what prompts a lot of the questions I ask here.
where are you located?

Back