Jr 3 clutch and bumper rule

Ok guys take it easy on him. He's going to make a small fortune kart racing. He's definitely claiming he's starting with the prerequisite large fortune lol

Ok done being a smart donkey. Serious advice from experience no matter what the minimum rule on a bumper is at your tracks you run out a full bumper on the kart.

The other option is possibly explaining to your wife why you need to buy a new helmet as your leaving the hospital because some hot rod wheel man hopped your kids rear wheel and took his head off (damn I had to do some fast talking that night to keep from being castrated)

So I'm curious. Your son wants to start racing karts, you ask all these questions, then put a picture from 11 years ago up of a kid with a flathead and know all these things about mychron and millennium. Why are you asking all these questions? You seem to have a handle on information and before you edited the post you said you have people you can call but you like doing things yourself. Wouldn't making a phone call for information be doing it yourself?
Look at the last post in his post history.
He went from asking is it to late about a 14 year old, something is odd here
"My son is 14 and 142lbs and wants to start racing Karts . Are we too late to the party ? What divisions could we run ? Seems like information is hard to find. Trying to do my homework before investing North of 20,000 to" get started. We're in the SE Hickory, Nc and willing to travel. Looking to...

Look at the last post in his post history.
He went from asking is it to late about a 14 year old, something is odd here
"My son is 14 and 142lbs and wants to start racing Karts . Are we too late to the party ? What divisions could we run ? Seems like information is hard to find. Trying to do my homework before investing North of 20,000 to" get started. We're in the

Last edited:
Starting off with , i'm want to spend x number of dollars to make memory's with my son .
Everone knows the cost.
If your buying a new pair of chassis and the mfg can't answer your question about bumper size , and or rules , thats a problem.

I had a freind ask how much i spent ?
I shot out a number he called my bluff . im sure it was more .
vans pull trailers . No need for a truck except the mines bigger then yours syndrome .
Folks might test your mettle here , . There is a point to it . Little Johnnys dad Has stopped in more then once .
A little humility goes a long way .

Welcome

YOU GOT ME 🤣🤣🤣 LORD Forbid I ask what rear bumper and clutch jr3 runs ... and why are you so concerned about what I spend watch your bank account not mine .. you've been a prick ever since I made this post damn if you don't have anything good or helpful to my question don't respond . Why does it matter to you if I spend 500 or 50,000 .. I didn't own a truck or trailer because I didn't need one I have 2 cars and 3 work vans because I own a painting company if you must know. So my son wants to race karts I purchased a truck and trailer that adds to my expense. My original post was for some experienced jr3 racers give me a little advice on rules. Before I purchased a few 400 clutches that's it years ago I believe all jr classes required a full rear bumper wanted to make clear of that rule before I paid extra for full bumpers. That's it and you bashed me from the beginning.. I dont know everything about kart racing " burn me at the stake " but you probably know nothing about latemodel stock cars if you asked a question in a latemodel stock forum I would answer your questions to the best of my ability why because I'm passionate about racing and want to grow the sport and bashing new people who are trying to figure it out DOESN'T HELP GROW THE SPORT OF AUTO RACING it does the opposite. I edited the post in order for the negativity to stop no more ... Ive been laughed at for spend money I've been accused of knowing about karts but still asking questions. I've been accused of disrespecting people who race out of a truck . All on a post asking about 2 rules .. I mean guys come on are we gonna criticize and look into everything I post on here . This will probably be the last thing I post because man people rather analyze my post rather than just help answer my questions. Is this what kart racing has become because I ran as a kid I remember it being welcoming and fun . People helped the new guy because they wanted their class to grow. I hope when we get to the track for the 1st race it's not like this if so who wants to be apart of that.. sorry for the long post sorry I may spend a little more to get started mostly truck and trailer but forgive me for loving my son and investing in him lord knows I've spent thousands racing myself.. we just want to be competitive and make a few memories I could care less if we never win anything as long as we're having fun ..
Goodluck to you all
You've been lying about something, you just started but state the picture was 11 yrs old?
I don't give a rats behind what you spend, and I don't think I ever mentioned it?
You really think you are the only one to race latemodels?
We run Super latemodels with 3 large racing series, in fact we ran last night and will run again tonight.
You can catch us at Eldora next month

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1653516507950.jpg
    FB_IMG_1653516507950.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 17
You've been lying about something, you just started but state the picture was 11 yrs old?
I don't give a rats behind what you spend, and I don't think I ever mentioned it?
You really think you are the only one to race latemodels?
We run Super latemodels with 3 large racing series, in fact we ran last night and will run again tonight.
You can catch us at

Last edited:
Apparently reading comprehension isn't your strongest trait. I advise you to read it again Apparently you are cherry picking words to fit your narrative. I only brought up racing I've done to say I will go above and beyond to help someone new to what I'm familiar with not that I was bragging about anything.. what the hell do I have to lie about by asking what clutch and bumper your reaching and it shows.. then you start bragging about supers but I noticed you using the words we and us are you footing the bill or just riding on someone's team to use as a bragging point to belittle someone who just wants a rules clarification on jr3 ... that kid in the picture was my son at 4 almost he wasn't ready then he turns 15 in August does it make since to you now .. 😒
No I'm an owner, my nephew drives, my son is the car chief, so its a natural "we", my driving days are over

You said you were new to karts?

Starting off with , i'm want to spend x number of dollars to make memory's with my son .
Everone knows the cost.
If your buying a new pair of chassis and the mfg can't answer your question about bumper size , and or rules , thats a problem.

I had a freind ask how much i spent ?
I shot out a number he called my bluff . im sure it was more .
vans pull trailers . No need for a truck except the mines bigger then yours syndrome .
Folks might test your mettle here , . There is a point to it . Little Johnnys dad Has stopped in more then once .
A little humility goes a long way .

Last edited:
The Memories we had racing outta the truck , are the best .
Fun from start to Finish .
Lots of memories and teaching/ bonding Opportunity , Kart racing.
Wish you the best of Luck .

Last edited:
Looking for some help ? We're in the South East can't find rules for Jr3 . What clutches do they run and do they need the full size rear bumper? Track websites at several tracks don't say .. where can I find a rule book . Either I'm stupid 🤣 or it's not easily found .
Disc clutch , standard bumper .
Nka , Akra , Wka , track choice .

It's been an interrogation from the beginning with these clowns all because sarcastically I said basically I feel rules should be easier to find and be clear on to grow the sport and followed it up with especially if you spend 100k trying to do it I won't spend quite 100 but we're over 60 now because we purchased a truck and new trailer.. its crazy

Thanks, but the only reason you are spending that kind of cash is for "clowns" like me that spent years building a sport that I care more about than you will ever know... If you are butt hurt, I apologize by deleting my account #take your money and run whatever bumper and clutch you want

Thanks, but the only reason you are spending that kind of cash is for "clowns" like me that spent years building a sport that I care more about than you will ever know... If you are butt hurt, I apologize by deleting my account #take your money and run whatever bumper and clutch you

Last edited:
Bern the issue is that over the literal decades that bobs 4 cycle has been live and on line your posts, claims, and what comes across to some as brags have graced these boards hundreds if not thousands of times. Dad's with money (I was to an extent one of them) posting here looking for information on what the best money can buy is believing that they will be cutting out some of the learning curve by putting their kid in the best they can afford.

I would say maybe 80% don't make it past the first season and 5% make it past 3 seasons. It has been my observation the worst and quickest to burn out is the guys that run/have run big cars. Yes some geometry does carry over to karts but alot does not.

You had people here try to give you info that have 30 plus years in the sport. They can not only tell you the rich history but every aspect of how to be fast now and do a fair job of predicting where the sport will be in 10 years.

You feel attacked by some of the comments. That's fair. Did you deserve some if not most of it? Unfortunately a few thousand daddy Warbucks before you paved the way for the treatment you have gotten. It's not totally fair but if las Vegas were putting odds on you and your karting future they would be at about 20 to 1 odds you make it to season 3 and those that came before you seemed to always complain about long time established rules because they do not understand why they are in place and many times try to demand they change for little trust fund Johnny.

I am not saying you are or will be this way but these guys have seen this story play out badly many, many more times than it has played out well

Reactions: 33x
Back