JR 3 springs.

Do you have a way to check those reds to make sure that they pass tech ? Those springs are a builders spring and a lot of blueprinting goes into those to get them right, they may not pass tech straight out of the box

6950 and we’d be gearbound for sure.
We definitely wasn’t gear bound. My son turned the fastest lap in that class and led quite a few laps. This particular track has a ton of drop in the corners and No bite so unfortunately you have to spin em a little higher. Although i ended up dropping a tooth for the main and we stayed around 6700 all night.

We definitely wasn’t gear bound. My son turned the fastest lap in that class and led quite a few laps. This particular track has a ton of drop in the corners and No bite so unfortunately you have to spin em a little higher. Although i ended up dropping a tooth for the main and we stayed around 6700 all night.
Our engine fell off bad at 6500. We were turning 6550 one day and we couldn’t keep up. Dropped one tooth and we were back in the mix.

6950 and we’d be gearbound for sure.
Could be kart and tire issues. The worse the kart and tires are, the lower the rpm will need to be closer to peak power rpm to be fast. As the kart and tires get better and absorb less power to run a given MPH, the further past peak power you can turn it and still be as fast or even faster. Then there is the motor........

Last edited:
Could be kart and tire issues. The worse the kart and tires are, the lower the rpm will need to be closer to peak power rpm to be fast. As the kart and tires get better and absorb less power to run a given MPH, the further past peak power you can turn it and still be as fast or even faster. Then there is the motor........
is that being said if you are on the right gear to begin with?

Setup was baseline numbers from Phantom and cut tires with medium prep 100,100,60 inside. 6 and 7 psi.

Back