JR chassis vs Regular chassis

Phineas

What is the reason for a JR size chassis? any other difference then the width?
Can you still use the JR size chassis after the JR classes?
would it be best to purchase a regular chassis for a 13 yr old
Since he will only be in JR for next year and a half?

Thank You for any input

I assume you are talking about champ karts (with roll cages). There are 2 sizes: Jr Sportsman champs which are smaller and typically for classes age 8-12. Then the larger karts are for Jr champ age 12-15 and all adult classes. Normally a 13 yr old would run the bigger full size kart. the difference for the Jr champ (age 12-15) set up is less weight +-375 with a black or gold restrictor plate.

I suspect that purpose built JR open kart chassis may be built out of thinner wall tubing in certain places.
ALL open karts can be ran by jr or sr'.

Narrower chassis, thinner or smaller tubing, rear seat bar is moved forward. Run it for the next year and a half, then upgrade to an adult chassis.

Narrower chassis, thinner or smaller tubing, rear seat bar is moved forward. Run it for the next year and a half, then upgrade to an adult chassis.

Only if he wants to run a jr SPORTSMAN champ class. For a junior champ the kart is the same as a senior champ. At age 13 he'd be in jr champ, where the only difference from sr champ is a lower minimum weight and a plate in the engine.

I was speaking of a flat kart, he never clarified flat or champ. Original poster, help us out which type of kart you are wanting to buy.

Sorry I am guessing flat Kart ( go kart ) ? I talked to a shop about this today and found out for dirt oval karts no difference. I guess it just has to do with pedal placement. Looking at the prowler pro package. Thanks for all the replies.

Back