Jr Limited

Can someone please explain jr limited. I saw something today and it was a limited Briggs motor but it was called jr limited. Is this a plate motor class with a really mean limited motor and you just throw a plate in it?

Hard to say . Could be a sales pitch .
No JR Limited class , that I ever heard of in wka or ikf .
Maybe its got a Litttle Carburator ;).....

It may be a track specific class. Our track has its own jr jr class for box stock 212 predators, 4.5 gearing, tire size & rpm limits for 5-8 yearolds

Can someone please explain jr limited. I saw something today and it was a limited Briggs motor but it was called jr limited. Is this a plate motor class with a really mean limited motor and you just throw a plate in it?
Could be a 2,000 dollar limited modified dirt oval karting engine (which looks like a flathead) but its a restrictor plate jr class perhaps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210930-210209_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210930-210209_Chrome.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210930-210201_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210930-210201_Chrome.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 15
Thats what it was. It was for the Big O. I assumed it wasnt a motor that is fully unrestricted ebcause those limiteds are crazy ecspecially for a 14-16 year old.
And this is where tracks open themselves up to lawsuits.
Insurance is based on National rule sets, if you operate outside those rules you are negligent, and insurance can decline a claim.
This throws the track owner/land owner to the wolves

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRckMvEp/
This is where I saw it. In the comments on the video it says it was for his 12 year old daughter to race at the Big O in jr limited. He said in the comments that it is a limited motor but says they don’t run a restrictor plate. I am so confused because ecspecally on a track like that they are bookin it and with a motor like that with no restrictor plate.

This is where I saw it. In the comments on the video it says it was for his 12 year old daughter to race at the Big O in jr limited. He said in the comments that it is a limited motor but says they don’t run a restrictor plate. I am so confused because ecspecally on a track like that they are bookin it and with a motor like that with no restrictor plate.
You'd be surprised what some parents will do when they think their kid is the next Gordon

Yes. A limited for 13-16 year olds. No plate and they get down with it. Only at the Big O have I seen it.

As a 15 year old I would think that would be awesome to run that ecspecially on a track like the big o where youg et to flying. On the other hand if I was the parent of a 15 year old I wouldn't want them racing that. I understand all forms of racing are dangerous but after watching how rough the kids are in jr 3 I would be scared to see them in high HP karts. And the guy in the video commented his 13 year old daughter was gonna race it. If i had a duaghter I would have a hard time putting her in something like that that young.

As a 15 year old I would think that would be awesome to run that ecspecially on a track like the big o where youg et to flying. On the other hand if I was the parent of a 15 year old I wouldn't want them racing that. I understand all forms of racing are dangerous but after watching how rough the kids are in jr 3 I would be scared to see them in high HP karts. And the guy in the video commented his 13 year old daughter was gonna race it. If i had a duaghter I would have a hard time putting her in something like that that young.
Most and I’ll say most of the kids racing that class are not beginners and they usually drive you like you drive them.

Ya I got ya on the national class deal so explain insurance for the RWYB class. Maybe you guys should check out the Jr enduro 2cycle class where some of the kids are right at 100 mph on tracks like Daytona or Savannah just a thought later Chuck

Ya I got ya on the national class deal so explain insurance for the RWYB class. Maybe you guys should check out the Jr enduro 2cycle class where some of the kids are right at 100 mph on tracks like Daytona or Savannah just a thought later Chuck
As long as the rules are in a rule book.
I bet for dirt oval the age in the book for limiteds and RWYB is 15+.
If your track allows someone under that age limit to run that class, then you are operating outside the rules aka negligent and liable

Apologize up front for hijacking the thread...

Years ago - mid to late 80's, WKA had Jr Limited in the Gold Cup series. Those kids were fast (my brother included). At some tracks, the Jr Limiteds were as fast as the Open Sr Light class. Wasn't too long before WKA killed that class.

Chuck is correct, at some of the road race tracks, the Jr Enduro karts are well above 90 mph. I'm guessing over the years the insurance companies have looked at various classes, speeds and venues. I'm sure there is some actuary that has run the numbers and settled on what the insurance providers will allow for risk.

What do you mean Chuck is correct LOL ? I had some of those kids go by my fat butt in practice and made me look like I just got off the boat lol .I probably give up 100lbs. to them but some of those fellows are the next bunch of superstars. Ya all should check it out sometime later Chuck.

Sometimes i wish I was racing against the kids with big motors instead of grown men.

Back