Jr star champ caster set up

We run stock castor on our dynasty champ. Both tie rods in rear holes on spindles helped my little man keep it under control a lot better.

Caster determines how quickly Left side weight is transferred to the Right side and
the timing on when the LR unloads.
Put the kart on the stand and turn the steering wheel back and forth, looking at the RF, you will see the wheel
make an arc upward which means the RF is dropping and loading up and the LR is unloading.

My Kart maker said 'Set it and forget it.' I didn't and picked up speed.
YMMV
Sure If you changed it after some experience with a solid set up you may have, He's starting with a new driver which is going to get better every run out anyway, so how will he know what helped, plus he's asking to get him comfortable not asking as needing to pick up speed. My point is to many guy's start asking about fine tuning details like caster & cross LONG before they are ready, Stick to the basics until the driver and your own knowledge is ready to fine tune, other wise it just takes twice as long to get to that point.

Sure If you changed it after some experience with a solid set up you may have, He's starting with a new driver which is going to get better every run out anyway, so how will he know what helped, plus he's asking to get him comfortable not asking as needing to pick up speed. My point is to many guy's start asking about fine tuning details like caster & cross LONG before they are ready, Stick to the basics until the driver and your own knowledge is ready to fine tune, other wise it just takes twice as long to get to that point.
Ismh

Back