Jr tire help

blh0728

Getting my son into karting and he will be running in Rookie. I have only ever worked on adult tires and have never done anything for Jr tires at all. Is there any difference in prepping internally, during the week, or at the track for Jr tires? I see that everything says that the RR can't exceed 34.5", so is everyone running the right sides at 34.5" instead of 34"?

Any help would be appreciated

Are you running a fixed gear ratio in your son's class? That might explain the max size for the RR tire.
IF there is a fixed gear, then yes, you will want the RR @ max size.

Prepping is much the same, although you may want to add more bite to the tires and get up on air if you are running bigger tracks where roll speed is a premium (especially with under-powered jr classes.)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Compared to Sr Class, slightly more bite in tires and more air, say 6 & 5 lb air is right for Sr, you'd be like 7.5 and 6.5 lb maybe even little more.
Max size in only important if you have a set gear rule, If not stagger them same as Sr class rear stagger is track depended of course.

I brought a JR into our program this past year. I started him on something sticky to get the general feel and slowly progressed him into better tires and higher air. I’ve had huge success on tires that our adult drivers ran and I have dismounted and flipped them for the JR.There has been times where a new tire was the way to go but generally we could run some good pull offs and up the air and had really good runs ! I’ll be glad to help anyway I can !

Back