Jr Triton helping a friend

My buddy is getting his son a Jr Triton soon and I'm just trying to help him put together a good baseline setup for him. I know baseline was this. He is 120lbs
47 nose 57.5 left, 2 washers on bottom of RF and 2 on top of left front.. seat at 9" off axle.
10 and 13 caster, -2.5 RF, +.5 LF..both blocks in back hole

But what I was thinking of telling him was this..
47 nose, 57.5 left, same cross setting, but with 7&10 caster, -2 7/8 camber, +3/8 lf camber both blocks back...RR .25" off the bearing hub and left rear .5" off the bearing hub.. RR seat strut 4.25" off the inside motor rail

Anybody who's ran the triton Jr got an opinion? Earl?..I'm not sure if 10 and 13 caster or 7 and 10 was found to be faster. I just feel like 7 and 10 may roll better

8 and 12 caster is what id do as well. Cant give seat position without knowing what size seat, cant give left without knowing what size kid, as well as cross for what class? Dont run same cross with Jr1 as we would say Jr3.
Id be at 2.75 camber in RF, and .5 minimum in LF, caster blocks rearward.

8 and 12 caster is what id do as well. Cant give seat position without knowing what size seat, cant give left without knowing what size kid, as well as cross for what class? Dont run same cross with Jr1 as we would say Jr3.
Earl if you need weight only, he states 120lb driver in post #1

Bout 5'7", 120lbs. The newest chavous seat

Id be what Ken said for left, 58-58.5.
The Chavous seat dont tell me what size it is, but guessing small adult. Id be about 4.75" off motor rail, and about what Ken said for height, maybe even at 9".

My buddy is getting his son a Jr Triton soon and I'm just trying to help him put together a good baseline setup for him. I know baseline was this. He is 120lbs
47 nose 57.5 left, 2 washers on bottom of RF and 2 on top of left front.. seat at 9" off axle.

47 nose, 57.5 left, same cross setting, but with 7&10 caster, -2 7/8 camber, +3/8 lf camber both blocks back...RR .25" off the bearing hub and left rear .5" off the bearing hub.. RR seat strut 4.25" off the inside motor rail

Anybody who's ran the triton Jr got an opinion? Earl?..I'm not sure if 10 and 13 caster or 7 and 10 was found to be faster. I just feel like 7 and 10 may roll better
Im biased on that 4.25 seat strut theory.if ya cant get left side ya have no choice to move it farther

When i went way left with the seat .
I made my own seat brkt too keep it .
Near that range .
My thinking was it put the force in the same spot .

We had good results with our TritonJr last year. Mid season we experimented with the caster block positions. Without question we were faster with the RF in the Forward position and LF in the rear position.

Everyone said put them both in the back hole” we tried it… the kart was not near stable on entry. However, there was a small successful group of people that ran the TritonJr that told me the RF needed to be forward and it is not debatable.

Back