Jr1 tire sizes

69*camaro

I am putting my 7 year old grandson on a local dirt track. I have been told to run the 11x8x6 tires on the right side. I wonder if that is really more tire than needed for a red plate clone. Comments appreciated.

I am putting my 7 year old grandson on a local dirt track. I have been told to run the 11x8x6 tires on the right side. I wonder if that is really more tire than needed for a red plate clone. Comments appreciated.
I use to wonder about everything. Egomaniac that I am, I questioned everything. What's wrong with that? Whenever I questioned something, I would sometimes talk it over with my friends, and sometimes I would just test it myself. On test days, I would try to answer my questions. I probably spent as much time at the track testing as I did racing, maybe more. Coming to conclusions on things is not always easy, but for me it was a lot of fun. Nothing pleased me more than coming up with something new that made me go faster.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

I ran 6.0 on the rights and 4.50 on the lefts for a while when my son was in chase n racing class.. Only problem is stagger.. So you will need to run the 800 or 900 if you need toget the stagger right in the kart. If you are on a big track you might be able to get away with little to no stagger.

they have a gear rule and a tire circumferance rule. So the issue is the right rear tire cannot exceed 35" and it is hard to get one that large. It just seems to me that the restricted motor should not push any larger tire than necessary.

Back