JT-223 Head Worth The Hype?

Kartracer93

Ive been looking on box stock project and i cant help but notice the deals with the 223 heads. A complete kit for 50 bucks? How can you go wrong, but is it worth the hype? Box stock says its the best flowing head they have ever tested. Can it beat the 158 on a 1/4 mile dirt oval? Im wanting the best for my NKA motor

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-13-04-31-58.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-13-04-31-58.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 138
Ive been looking on box stock project and i cant help but notice the deals with the 223 heads. A complete kit for 50 bucks? How can you go wrong, but is it worth the hype? Box stock says its the best flowing head they have ever tested. Can it beat the 158 on a 1/4 mile dirt oval? Im wanting the best for my NKA motor.

Update: currently have the 181 head on it. Been told the 158 is a better head but is it worth all the hassle? Only worried about the butt dyno not what just the motors putting out

From what I've seen, they're pretty close on the dyno. I have one of each. But seems like the 158 is slightly better in the higher rpm range from what I've seen

I just put a new JT-223 head on my sons Purple Plate motor since I was recently just informed that there is a "hidden" rule here in Florida that doesn't allow porting of the heads. We'll see what happens this weekend at our season opener... The old head was a Waller ported JT-158 that seemed to work very well for us.

Back