Judge this plug!

From my taft250

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 188
From my taft250
did the end of that plug come off or did you cut it off? All I ever ran in my 100 cc engines was Champion and I've never seen that.

It looks rich.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.(Al Nunley)

Looks a little on the lean side but close color wise. I like to see a little more oil residue on them with castor,syn burn a lot cleaner.

Ttown, it's redline at 6.5 oz per gallon.

I think it's a little lean too. I've always been told to read the color down on the base of the porcelain for WOT on the main jet, and to me it looks like Im off there, but wanted more opinions.

When I was racing, and I never raced 250s, I would like to see just a little color, or none at all, on the plug. So I would say this engine is rich overall. If you race with the EGT, instead of water temp, you can tune them a lot closer. I understand it's a lot easier with a carb you can tune on the track, but if you sneak up on it, and watch the air density, I'm sure it could be done. Remember, "tuning is tough" (Al Nunley)

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.(Al Nunley)

Might help a little if you stated , engine, fuel, oil, also why cut? you can see good enough if you use a magnifying lens. Color is important too.

look in the exhaust header for burn pattern , guessing rich some where betwwen low to mid , changing to lean mid to top end.

TWR

So I've been told that with the 250's, they like a short pulse line from the engine to the pump, I noticed a lot of 250 micros are plumbed this way. Also going to add 1" of flex length per Tim Taft, and Similar to what is on Tim Ashley's kart.

A short pules line and I have always ran 8oz. 4oz. Red line 4oz. Bean 6.5 is not enough if you ask me. And there are a few things you can do to the piston to also help.

Back