Jug house gearing help

Anyone know what gearing to run on box stock predator 390 at jug house raceway? My first time running box stock there and I have no clue where to even start. The week before I ran a track that had a mandatory 18 driver and 55-57 rear gearing but I don’t think this will work since the corners are tighter imo at jug house and I dont Think we will have as much overall momentum here than at the other track. Thanks

If it's the Jug House track in Gibsonville N.C a 16/58 should get ya a good starting poing, my info is just based on a video not experience at the track.
Good Luck !!

If it's the Jug House track in Gibsonville N.C a 16/58 should get ya a good starting poing, my info is just based on a video not experience at the track.
Good Luck !!
That’s the one and I ended up running a 15/56 and the other karts just kill me on starts and out the turns, kart setup/tires was fast only slight loose and only lifting to keep from hitting a kart in front of me, but I didn’t have the power, I know what I’m running and I can say that those other karts at the front and near the front definitely are not “box stock”, I understand newer chassis are usually faster but not that much faster, I mean when you’re wide open around the whole track and they are pulling away what else can you do? I was taching a little over 5,000 rpm and there is a 5100 limit check on stand, I was on a smaller gear on rear in practice but they pull away even more taking off and out the turns. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I also forgot to unplug my oil sensor and in the race When I started passing a couple karts it was either a caution or my engine would shut off killing my momentum and having to start at the back again and again, it shut off so many times that I got black flag, rookie mistake. Thanks for the suggestion, lll try that combo next time I’m there, definitely can’t be any slower!

Don't underestimate the speed difference with proper Tires, set up, clutch, and gearing, we ran predator 410 class last night 3/4 tracked the field and the motor is straight out of the box and raced. with turning over 5000 your turning to much 4850 rpm is better.

Don't underestimate the speed difference with proper Tires, set up, clutch, and gearing, we ran predator 410 class last night 3/4 tracked the field and the motor is straight out of the box and raced. with turning over 5000 your turning to much 4850 rpm is better.
I tried a smaller rear gear and was turning 4919 and it was worse, they just pull me so bad on starts and some of the karts when they let off for whatever reason and get back in the throttle it’s like they hitting nitrous compared to mine, when I have to let off throttle it takes a good half a lap to for me to get back to speed, I turned the governor screw all the way out just to see if it would make a difference on track and was turning around 5600 on the stand and went out and they still pulling me on starts but were not pulling me on top end as much and was able to actually pass three karts lol , not sure if I got a dud of an engine to start with or what, I’ve read about the discrepancy of the tolerances with the manufacturing of these engines which is why no track or not many does a sealed box stock predator engine class from what I’ve heard and read, heck from two different engines I had one the piston was over .060 ith and the one I’m running now is only .024 ish ith straight from the factory. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Thanks

Last edited:
Back