junior triton pushing need help

25love

We had a 2013 Triton sold it and just got a 2014 Triton Jr. Run 2 races and its pushing off.
Junior 1 driver. We cant seem to figure it out. At this same track our old Triton was set up close to the same and never had any problems. Ran the same tires, prep etc.....Changed to softer tires numbers are
47 nose
56 left side
64.5 cross

ANY SUGGESTIONS???? Thanks!!!

Make sure your seat is set exactly like you had the other and the front end etc. Is the same. Mount the weights in the same place as your last triton and set your washers exactly the same on the front as well. Once everything is exactly the same scale it out again and write down the percentages. They may be different but run it like that, then adjust.

The Jr. Triton is a different kart than the standard, so the same numbers might not be best. Has Phantom released setup numbers for this kart yet? There are several people chasing this same issue, but the teams that have them figured out are winning big races.

Camber is -3.0 +.50
Cross 64.5

I set it up the same way it says to in the set up book.
Thanks for the suggestions! Anymore is appreciated. Very frustrating!

I like the idea of more rear stagger but the big question I have is this: If your Triton was fast, why did you go to softer tires? Softer tires don't necessarily mean more bite and they might be the majority of the problem.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

I like the idea of more rear stagger but the big question I have is this: If your Triton was fast, why did you go to softer tires? Softer tires don't necessarily mean more bite and they might be the majority of the problem.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

I was wondering the same thing, but figured I don't know the track so that move was for a specific reason.

I believe its in the tires, but i know the Jr Triton likes more left than the standard.
If its pushing off, and the tires are correct, go up on left.
Also, for a Jr1 i would not raise cross.

Back