Juniors, New Vs Rebuilt Engine

We’ll be running Junior 1 for points at our local track. We’ve only had one motor for red plate last season, and I want a backup.

I’ve been told a new motor is sort of important for adults, not so much for Juniors. (Green Plate). Of course if I bought new, the current motor would be the backup.

I’d just want some second opinions on this. Is there a power advantage or new vs rebuilt for juniors?

We’ll be running Junior 1 for points at our local track. We’ve only had one motor for red plate last season, and I want a backup.

I’ve been told a new motor is sort of important for adults, not so much for Juniors. (Green Plate). Of course if I bought new, the current motor would be the backup.

I’d just want some second opinions on this. Is there a power advantage or new vs rebuilt for juniors?
A Fresh rebuilt can end up better than when it was new, new does not always mean better, could go either way, key to buying used advertised as rebuilt is making sure it's fresh or very limited races on it, and it's from a reputable builder built for your class.

What racing promotor said. Remember that the 5 most important things in racing are setup, setup, setup, the driver's ability to use the setup, and the driver's ability to drive around a setup that is a bit off.

A Fresh rebuilt can end up better than when it was new, new does not always mean better, could go either way, key to buying used advertised as rebuilt is making sure it's fresh or very limited races on it, and it's from a reputable builder built for your class.
Thanks, I wasn’t planning on buying from just anyone. My builder sells rebuilds for $750 and news for $1050. I just wanted a second opinion before I cheap out and buy the rebuilt motor. Probably put the extra $300 on a second clutch.

Back