Just a question

MoreHP68

Just bought a 308 grind cam and 22 Ib springs. Do any of you think my stock bottom end can handle 8,500 rpm? should I get a Billet rod and flywheel?

Can the block and stock crank handle it?
Yes. That being said on a predaotr or clone you cant go 3inch bore and ecspect the block to stay together it just isn't practical. I believe you can get somewhere around 2.83 bore or something like that but the moment you go any larger it is just a ticking time bomb. I have seen stock cranks hold 25plus hp.

Good to know, this is all great helpful information. I ask because I am trying to build a badass little clone for Auto X and test and tune days at my local track. I would like to get around 20 hp in the end.

For a cam and carb like that wanting to turn that rpm...do some head work, port and polish, bigger valves and stuff like that will really help with big carb and cam.

For a cam and carb like that wanting to turn that rpm...do some head work, port and polish, bigger valves and stuff like that will really help with big carb and cam.
I have already done some headwork. I am just going to run the 22 springs and wait to put my cam in until I get the flywheel and rod.

Ran into a problem........ After I put the springs in I tried to start the motor. My pull cord broke, do any of you know where to find a replacement? I would have rewrapped the thing but it is too old and beat to do so.

Back