Open tire Or spec tire , NOT brand specific

• Open Tire

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Spec Tire

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slack2014

So a case of Maxxis tires of 12 cost right around $650. After three corners of new rubber per case is $1,950 for 12 weeks of racing with new rubber per week. The top guys will then sell those tires for approximately half the cost of what they bought them for to the Lesser guys in other classes. Therefore taking their Tire budget down to approximately $1,000 for the whole year. Causing the secondary drivers the slower drivers to pay the way for the top guys to have new rubber every week so they can kick their tail.

The Predators and secondary drivers ect ect and backyard drivers are funding these fast guys so they can beat everybody else why the heck are we doing this? They sold em for a reason they don't want em not fast enough.

If we would just stop buying their leftovers and let them sit they wouldn't be able to do this fast turn over for tires and continuously be on brand new rubber all the time.

The Cobra Tire now will allow us to get a full set of four for less money the resale of seconds will be a smaller margin so most guys won't be able to recycle them. If the Cobra Tire takes off you'll see that some tracks will start to outlaw them probably Maxxis only track because Maxxis has the funding to keep the tracks going with big purses and prizes. Ive heard that least two brand-new sets at 3 every week to be fast. It's easier for them to sell a brand new set every week and prep a new set every week or two sets than it is to keep up with the trailer of tires.

In conclusion if people stop buying the top guy secondary Rubber and takeoffs will stop funding them to beat us and be on better equipment all the time.

Just an opinion, I know I will get bashed I accept that.

P.S do not like maxxis

Your misinformed fresh new rubber in not always faster especially Maxxis and for Jr classes, for the Jr classes the SR thinner take offs, 3 to 6 month old re-rolls are the fastest tires in most cases, so that's what they want don't hate the fast guy's just because there good.

Your misinformed fresh new rubber in not always faster especially Maxxis and for Jr classes, for the Jr classes the SR thinner take offs, 3 to 6 month old re-rolls are the fastest tires in most cases, so that's what they want don't hate the fast guy's just because there good.

Not hating, just that we should stop buying their old tires. We are finding them to be on fresher tires then us all the time. You missed the message. It's ok I will accept the misunderstandings and badgering I will get from this post. Just an opinion.

Not hating, just that we should stop buying their old tires. We are finding them to be on fresher tires then us all the time. You missed the message. It's ok I will accept the misunderstandings and badgering I will get from this post. Just an opinion.
No intent of badgering I get your point and that may be the case at your track, what I'm saying is across the board 80% of the time that's not the way it works especially the bigger races from VA south. Yes there take offs are being bought BUT because there faster for the Jr classes.

I can't fault Maxxis for coming in, and then dominating the market by bribing the tracks and series, like the foreign engine manufacturers do in sprint racing. But I can't fault the racer for eventually rebelling against the monopolies either. I hope the Cobras are better than the Kings were.

I can't fault Maxxis for coming in, and then dominating the market by bribing the tracks and series, like the foreign engine manufacturers do in sprint racing. But I can't fault the racer for eventually rebelling against the monopolies either. I hope the Cobras are better than the Kings were.
I wouldn't hold my breath !!

No intent of badgering I get your point and that may be the case at your track, what I'm saying is across the board 80% of the time that's not the way it works especially the bigger races from VA south. Yes there take offs are being bought BUT because there faster for the Jr classes.

I am SMACK DAB in the problem from VA to GA. Can't give a older maxxis away, depending on date, rolls, prep, flips,edges. Because they are just plain junk after a few races. As low as $5 per tire just to avoid having to pay a disposable fee pretty much.

If I am not a money bag $30 for a tire with a center line sounds better then $65 new. It's not a Jr 1 2 3 4 5 6 I am being facetious on that but so many classes. It's made it more affordable for the avg guy, which in turn makes it more affordable for the top guy to stay on new rubber

friend this past weekend, went out to run practice on Cobra’s after racing was over, in super heavy, with exact same gear they ran on maxxis.
Picked up 5/10....track was really wet. Cobra’s rolled internally with 90cc’s
Believe me I'm NO Maxxis fan, but all that tells me is he was on the wrong maxxis, I hope they work out BUT again I'm not holding my breath.

Picking up 5/10th’s better than the entire field?
Time will tell if they perform as good or better
Curious how early in the line up did Xheavy class run ? or how many more classes ran after there race till end ? Do you know what they duro new ?
Did they wipe the outside ?

When i bought tires from the fast guys . They were faster then what i had and cost less then half for a set . It was a win win for us . Them and a set or two of new you were ready to go .

I wouldn't hold my breath !!
Ok so take cobra out , heck take all manufacturers out ! The drivers who build the field leave and you have 4 guys per class because the people are saying no thanks keep the high costs. So now what does the track do? Do they really believe the few top % of drivers are the ones carrying the cost of owing a track? Racing isn't 'cheap' we know that, but I used to be the guy on top in my area up north. We had multiple tires for different tracks but not one brand prepped multiple ways. Prep didn't run racing, I've raced bull rings, wide open tracks, high bank, flat, paper clip.

Prep didn't win races, racing and talent did. Not single file everything and stay in line bottom feeding. That's a snooze fest......... but when 1/5 miles is all you know, you do my know what your missing.

Remember when you buy tires from the fast guy's you get good prep info as well. ;)

Info? Hey btw here's my left over rubber let me tell you all the ways I prepped it that never happened.

Who's gonna send it out for chemistry lab tests?

And how many people are really making prep vs just relabling. Making profit margins smaller and smaller as its relabeled.

Just proved again that we all rely on prep to much. Guys are letting prep do the racing not the kart or driver. So a non talented driver can stay wide open and just point it

When i bought tires from the fast guys . They were faster then what i had and cost less then half for a set . It was a win win for us . Them and a set or two of new you were ready to go .

I've gotten free tires before at the track, figured it's better than what I got. I was 3ths off pole with cupped old maxxis on a track I never ran on with a kart fresh off scalea.

See this is one of the problems with karting. There are better tires on the market than maxxis in my opinion.
I know a track promoter who is a maxxis only track. He told me that he has to maintain a certain kart count each time he opens the track to get year end tires from maxxis. Then when that count falls off for one reason or another no year end tires. To me thats just wrong.
Ive seen another major brand give more back to smaller venues which makes it worth for someone to support that brand.
I would like to see Cobra take off, especially for the cost 139$ a set, and no need to have them cut or sanded.
It will be hard because of promoters and tire guys and the fight They will put up.
Just my honest opinion

Back