Just a tire rant my opinion

Open tire Or spec tire , NOT brand specific

• Open Tire

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Spec Tire

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Purse size isnt paid for by tire companies.
Larger the purse the higher the entry fee's, karters pay the purse

I have a hard time with it but I don't know the tracks financial statements. I don't think a 5 or 10 grand race is paid for by the drivers. Just a opinion.

I have a hard time with it but I don't know the tracks financial statements. I don't think a 5 or 10 grand race is paid for by the drivers. Just a opinion.
Think about it count how many $5000 or higher to win races there are on any given weekend down south, do you actually believe maxxis could afford to fork over $50,000 + every week I'm cash.

Think about it count how many $5000 or higher to win races there are on any given weekend down south, do you actually believe maxxis could afford to fork over $50,000 + every week I'm cash.

Ok I can see that, but 10k at 100$ per kart easy math 100 karts. Did the big O see 100 entries in that 10k race? Thanksgiving thunder big money purses or the 90k in prizes I believe TTT advertised. I just find it hard to believe that entries are filling those purses. Someone is funding it.

Were getting way off topic and some because of me on my rant/rants I get that.

Ok I can see that, but 10k at 100$ per kart easy math 100 karts. Did the big O see 100 entries in that 10k race? Thanksgiving thunder big money purses or the 90k in prizes I believe TTT advertised. I just find it hard to believe that entries are filling those purses. Someone is funding it.

No your correct not 100% is all paid off entry fees alone, some is paid out of pit fees and or parking fees.

Who is putting up 5,10,15 thousand dollar purses ? Helping by being a maxxis only track? I can see where that helps them.

Your saying that tracks are struggling to make kart count, they call maxxis. Maxxis says well put up 10k for the win, you have to be a maxxis track now. So really the frustration is at the track owners and not the tire companies?

Maxxis is not doing that at all. These purses are paid by sponsors, parking fees, entry fees. Does Maxxis sponsor a few of these races, yes they do, along with a lot of other companies in karting. Its called marketing. But Maxxis isnt paying the purses

When sponsor parking is 2000.00, and you have sponsors besides that, along with entry fees, gate fees, you can do these races.
Big O paid big money, but the "warm up" type races had same kart count with much less purse, and the spectator gate fee was huge.
So the Big O itself didnt have 100 karts, had like 70, BUT the warm up races also had 70, and paid back a minimal amount, that helps with paying your big purse.

When sponsor parking is 2000.00, and you have sponsors besides that, along with entry fees, gate fees, you can do these races.
Big O paid big money, but the "warm up" type races had same kart count with much less purse, and the spectator gate fee was huge.
So the Big O itself didnt have 100 karts, had like 70, BUT the warm up races also had 70, and paid back a minimal amount, that helps with paying your big purse.

I can appreciate that answer, so after the tracks fee us to death they can afford big payouts. Like any form of racing only 5 people of 100 that entered have a real chance to win rest are fillers. Using hypothetical numbers of course.

THIS is a legit concern (especially at the local level.) Too many weight classes, too many engine combinations, and too many classes with 2 karts on the track. The days of 5-6 full classes are long gone. Track promoters don't want to turn anyone away, and all too many racers want their "class champion" participation trophies.

Just in the trailer scuffing tires, found the sheet from the last track it ran 26 different classed, local Saturday night. Weekly series

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with 2karts in a class if they would drop the # of laps to say 7 instead of 10, or to 10 instead of 15. One of the karts is gonna win and the other is 2nd no matter if they run 7laps or 70laps.

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with 2karts in a class if they would drop the # of laps to say 7 instead of 10, or to 10 instead of 15. One of the karts is gonna win and the other is 2nd no matter if they run 7laps or 70laps.

Not sure what your gate fees are there. I had 2 pit pass 1 kart and a paid parking spot $100.

Now , you think track fees are to high ?
A wife or girlfreind a few kids . Then hit a few two day shows with maybe a third day for travel or practice . Take a day off work . Tires take second place pretty quick .

I see this mostly in the junior classes, so I'll pose my concern from that perspective:
I hear you, but then I'd consider that the track could also cut the entry fee an equal amount. A kid that shows up to race (parents included) generally brings more people in the back gate with him/her, puts just as much effort into their race team as many in the classes sporting 10 or more karts, has just as much invested in their equipment, etc, pays the same in pit passes, reserved pit sports, and entry fees, but has their number of laps reduced? Remember, their morning started as early as most others, and their day at the race track is just as long as well.
Our sport is desperately needing more next generation junior drivers (and their parents) if we want to see our sport grow (or even continue.) Giving them less laps for their time & money isn't going to encourage them.

Now , you think track fees are to high ?
A wife or girlfreind a few kids . Then hit a few two day shows with maybe a third day for travel or practice . Take a day off work . Tires take second place pretty quick .

My area is aweful for karting and costs let me just say that much.

But when you chop the laps down because of kart count because you run 25 classes just check the 2020 classes last night. There's not any value for the racer. Hot lap,3 laps qualifying, 10 lap feature?

Why not chop the classes down, increase kart count and more laps. Hot lap, 2 heats , feature race

Not sure what your gate fees are there. I had 2 pit pass 1 kart and a paid parking spot $100.
I don't see how gate fees matter in my comment, unless maybe you want track time. My comment was directed at the 'too many classes, too few karts' idea and how to get on with the races and finish on time.

I don't see how gate fees matter in my comment, unless maybe you want track time. My comment was directed at the 'too many classes, too few karts' idea and how to get on with the races and finish on time.

Ok so yes , I agree to many classes and no enough karts in the race.

But also we lack track time here unless you run multiple classes, I.E a points class clone 425. and then the money class clone 425 same night

Ok so yes , I agree to many classes and no enough karts in the race.

But also we lack track time here unless you run multiple classes, I.E a points class clone 425. and then the money class clone 425 same night
Yeah, I see what you're saying. We try not to run multiple classes because of the frantic nature of it. One of my competitors said I was an idiot because running more classes let you figure out tires for the big $$ race. 'Course his kart was always up front and mine wasn't, but that's another story.

Local racing here is hot laps , 2heats and a feature race .
Hot lap , qualify and race is definitely not my favorite .
Its a must run 2 classes deal , or no value in going .
If i take a granchild and spend all day or evening and only get 30 laps i might just ,
Bail . That would definitely sour things . I have done it series racing and did not care for it then .

50 grand to win insane one which was held at a track I built and ran for 4 years had a 500.00 early entry fee and a 575.00 late entry, sponsor parking was 400.00 general parking was 60.00, gat fee for 3 days was 35.00, theres was over 100 entries for 24 open spots in the feature, also a Burris tire rule race.
Now tell me purses, doesnt come from karters?
Our weekly races we done 100% pay back on entries.
Sure you get some sponsor money but it isnt anything near what you think it is, Burris was our track sponsor, awe got nothing for head counts, but we did get a lot of nice stuff to give away at our banquet.

Back