Just a tire rant my opinion

Open tire Or spec tire , NOT brand specific

• Open Tire

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Spec Tire

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Local racing here is hot laps , 2heats and a feature race .
Hot lap , qualify and race is definitely not my favorite .
Its a must run 2 classes deal , or no value in going .
If i take a granchild and spend all day or evening and only get 30 laps i might just ,
Bail . That would definitely sour things . I have done it series racing and did not care for it then .
2 controlled practices, qualifying and then race was pretty standard for larger shows in the flathead days, I enjoyed that format.
Regular weekends 1 pactice session, pill draw, heat then feature, and still home before midnight

Back to how this all started. I have ran into a few of these lately and they are mostly new racers.

"I am gonna buy (insert track front runner)'s takeoffs. That way I don't have to do anything to them. Just mount em up, race and win"

......almost giddy with excitement as if they have figured out some secret or trick in this hobby. Nope.

Then about 6-8 weeks into the season you see these guys leave and sell out. Leaving mad like they got took for a ride. Very common anymore.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My racing program feeds my sons Jr Sportsman Champ. I buy new and then when I am done they go to him because he doesn't need full rubber new tires. (Most of the time.)

I create my own take offs basically just like we all do. Or I have the choice like you did to buy someone else's takeoffs and try to make them work. Nah I'll do my own thing tires wise and buy prep.

50 grand to win insane one which was held at a track I built and ran for 4 years had a 500.00 early entry fee and a 575.00 late entry, sponsor parking was 400.00 general parking was 60.00, gat fee for 3 days was 35.00, theres was over 100 entries for 24 open spots in the feature, also a Burris tire rule race.
Now tell me purses, doesnt come from karters?
Our weekly races we done 100% pay back on entries.
Sure you get some sponsor money but it isnt anything near what you think it is, Burris was our track sponsor, awe got nothing for head counts, but we did get a lot of nice stuff to give away at our banquet.

I believe you are referring to possum speedway in SC Clint mills owns it now I believe?

I can see how that type of fees would generate a lot of income in a hurry.

I would be a great spectator for a show like that.

I believe you are referring to possum speedway in SC Clint mills owns it now I believe?

I can see how that type of fees would generate a lot of income in a hurry.

I would be a great spectator for a show like that.
No the first 4 Insane ones was put on by Ed and Vicky Hasty at Lightning Valley in KY, then they held it my old track Clay City Ky.

Just .02 saw on fb a big team selling off their used stuff 5 10 20 laps old ect. But priced so close to new. Probably back from a national or big indoor race.

This is where I feel it's best to support your local kart shop before buying secondhand. Otherwise we fund them to stay on better than you have.

Also please don't forget to vote on the poll on this page.

They already got you beat by being in your head in my opinion. Work on your stuff and worry about what they have less.

I'll never get to work on the equipment they have because it is not mine. Control what you can control.

I still don't see why you're upset with what someone else does with the used equipment they have?.......Maybe I missed that part of the rant.

They already got you beat by being in your head in my opinion. Work on your stuff and worry about what they have less.

I'll never get to work on the equipment they have because it is not mine. Control what you can control.

I still don't see why you're upset with what someone else does with the used equipment they have?.......Maybe I missed that part of the rant.

Definitely need to watch our own bobbers agreed.

A lot missed the point , so without as much said.

Stop buying take off tires, it reduces the top guys tire bill so they can be on new and better tires to beat YOU with YOUR money.

Buy from your local kart shop support him before you support your competition.

I buy from my local kart shop . Great price , mounted prepped cleaned and ready to race . Plus they already know their way too the front .

Those same top guys are going to spend the money either way. If they’re running up front they’ll continue to run up front whether it’s $1000 or $1900.. Hell give them one set a week and the odds would still be in their favor. Driver X goes out and wins 5,000 dollars on a set of tires. You walk over and buy them as-is straight off the kart. Do you expect to be able to bolt them on the next week and win 5,000?

No maybe 500.00 😉
New tires are definatly in order . When racing for 5000.00 dollars , as is a fresh engine , spares , new socks and your lucky horseshoe . Along with hours of attention to all the small details .

Those same top guys are going to spend the money either way. If they’re running up front they’ll continue to run up front whether it’s $1000 or $1900.. Hell give them one set a week and the odds would still be in their favor. Driver X goes out and wins 5,000 dollars on a set of tires. You walk over and buy them as-is straight off the kart. Do you expect to be able to bolt them on the next week and win

I can't be more clear about my opinion, I've responded in many ways. Honestly tired of defending or trying to explain it repeatedly. I can't get it through. It shows either people see value in buying take offs, or they are the top guy and it would be bad if they lost their take off sales. Or they are the ones that think they are better than they are either way.....

*******closed thread********

I can't be more clear about my opinion, I've responded in many ways. Honestly tired of defending or trying to explain it repeatedly. I can't get it through. It shows either people see value in buying take offs, or they are the top guy and it would be bad if they lost their take off sales. Or they are the ones that think they are better than they are either way.....

I'd say it also shows simply that not everyone agrees with you.

Only a few who can close the thread here.
You opened it, and now you dont like what some are saying?

You do know top guys dont care if they sell their old tires? they set a tire budget at the beginning of the year and it doesnt include selling old tires

I think what you don’t see is people don’t buy take off to support a big name. They buy them to support their own program. Generally if you buy tires from someone, they may come with a tad bit more knowledge than what you had going into it.

I dont feel that being ARCA is the answer spec everything, I would love to see if i owned a track:

Open tire
NKA or AKRA consistent with surrounding tracks to cut motor costs down , These tracks have to talk to each other !
Prep allowed if wanted
Merge more classes, NOT everyone gets a trophy its ok
Honestly I feel the predator has gone down the tubes its the biggest cheater class / drop that and do a stock appearing maybe?

Clones , Clone stock appearing maybe instead of the big limited or open motor costs if thats an issue to get a full field.
I agree , stock appearing and clone. AND a tec man.

Back