Just bought a Seraph

Skidude

I’ve not scaled it yet but I do have the numbers from PRC. This kart will have a 230 driver running a limited or hog at Southern Kartway. Pinks and blues. Right now I’m planning to set it up right in the middle of the recommended numbers from PRC and see what happens. Does anyone have a recommendation on the PRC numbers, to fudge one way or the other? Also, should the RF spindle block be in the front or back? How about axle adjustment?

Go with PRC recommendation and work on tires. They have small tire window but they hook up once they’re in.

68 cross
55-56 left
46.5-47.5 nose
8 and 12 caster. Have both blocks in the back holes
+1/2 lf camber. -2 1/2 rf camber

Had these numbers in my notes from when we were on a seraph.

Well, I’ve still not been able to get it on the scales yet but we went to the track tonight for practice. Toe and camber are spot on. I need to look at caster again tomorrow. The lower end of the L block is kicked forward a good bit on the right side. It was slick out there. Super sensitive to wheel input. Relax on the wheel and it will go through the turn by itself, sort of. It turns too hard in the turn and I get into a drift. Thankfully I’ve got enough power to hold the drift, spinning the wheels a bit coming off the turn. If I truly just let the wheel go it would turn right into the infield. Had a blast though. First time on a kart since 2002.

I live in Myrtle Beach and also run a Sepaph. I have scales so if you want to get together I will be happy to assist you with scaling your kart

I live in Myrtle Beach and also run a Sepaph. I have scales so if you want to get together I will be happy to assist you with scaling your kart

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I have a set of scales but someone twisted the coupling and broke some wires. I need to resolder the connections. I may take you up on the offer though, I could use some help from someone with more experience with scaling karts, in particular, Seraphs. I’ll PM you.

Thought I’d revisit and update. I did get the kart on the track a week or so after my last post. The track was slick but the kart handled decent. Very darty. Right side caster was maxed out, I rolled it back to 12 and reset front end geometry and rode the next day in a practice. It felt great. Sensitive to wheel input but very controlable. I was able to flatfoot all the way around the track but I had the wrong gear so I was hitting the Rev limiter shortly after coming off the turn. I could still run with the rest of them. I’ve since pulled the Animal off and it now has a small Briggs open. Hoping to get it out in a practice tomorrow to see how it does. Don’t know that there will be anyone to race with.

Now, I finally put it on scales this past Tuesday. I know these numbers are off from what I’ve been told, but I’m going to see what I get the way it is. It did feel really good with the Animal.

Attachments

• DC5F5BF4-7D8E-40A0-88F9-554D79BBA05C.jpeg
    DC5F5BF4-7D8E-40A0-88F9-554D79BBA05C.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 80
Is that you max cross ?

I don’t know. That’s just where it was when I put it on the scales. I didn’t try to change anything. I guess I do have a couple of washers on each side I can play with if need be. There is no lead on the kart at all. Just me, lol.

Back