Just getting started

I am getting started into go kart racing and plan to run predator medium or light. I dont have and engine yet but i do have a chassis. Any tips or tricks or anything that you think could help get me started is very appreciated.

Make sure your brakes work. On some tracks they save your life every 10 seconds.

Get a seat and a helmet that fits you well, a good chain guard and some header wrap.

Cotter key all the bolts on the steering and brake systems

When you start feeling confidence on track, you're in the most danger.

Sundog

So do i have to use safety wire or can i use like the rlv clips instead of safety wire that you twist and stuff
So the track tech at twister will check for a safety wire on your muffler. Your steering wheel must have a cotter pin on it, Snap rings must be in place on the rear axle, and both front hubs must have the safety pins along with the spindle nuts being pinned. A safe practice is to pin everything you can. I've seen it twice this year (same guy) where the guy didn't put a pin in the bottom of the steering shaft and had it come out. He went for quite a ride both times.

If it has a hole in the bolt, put a pin in it.

Twister is a fun track. Lots of folks there will help you. We race Jr 2 there a couple times a year. May try to make their Boogieman race.

Attachments

• IMG_2073.JPG
    IMG_2073.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 14
Thats cool! Yeah I know a lot of people that race there and they all love it, I have been there 1 time this year to watch them race and I thought it was a very nice facility. The grass looked good, the track looked like they keep up on it very well and the people working there were very nice. And from what i saw and from what I have heard is that Twister has been bringing in people from all over this year, and that the numbers were extremely high!

Thats cool! Yeah I know a lot of people that race there and they all love it, I have been there 1 time this year to watch them race and I thought it was a very nice facility. The grass looked good, the track looked like they keep up on it very well and the people working there were very nice. And from what i saw and from what I have heard is that Twister has been bringing in people from all over this year, and that the numbers were extremely high!
I know of people from Memphis, Omaha, and Texarkana that have made the journey to twister this year. That is dedication.

I wish they would race two heats instead of one.
We are already there until 1AM most weeks. There is no way on earth you could do that. Theyve averaged 140 entries this year, So you have roughly 420 laps for hot laps, 1400 for heats, and 2800 for features. If you double that for extra heats that is over 6000 laps on the surface in one night. Its a great surface, but I dont think any dirt track can take 6000 laps.

We are already there until 1AM most weeks. There is no way on earth you could do that. Theyve averaged 140 entries this year, So you have roughly 420 laps for hot laps, 1400 for heats, and 2800 for features. If you double that for extra heats that is over 6000 laps on the surface in one night. Its a great surface, but I dont think any dirt track can take 6000 laps.
I know and understand. We drive 4 hrs to get there and enjoy it every time. Tony said they hauled pond silt in to make that track. I don't think I have ever seen a claud on it.

Back