Just got an enclosed trailer.

JTCrabb

I just got an enclosed trailer, would any of you mind putting some pictures on here so I can see your setups? Thanks.

One of the first things you will need to do is put it up on jack stands and pull the hubs off check, clean and repack the wheel bearings. If you do it right away it won't be put off or forgotten.

We got on craigslist and found someone selling some used kitchen cabinets, put a row across the front and put a nice pice of plywood on top and made a nice bench and storage area.

Very Cheap, Paid around $20 for someones old cabinets. Also made some cheap homemade tire racks out of some shelf brackets and a few pieces of 10 ft EMT pipe. Save your money for the karts, no one cares how fancy your tire rack or work bench is.

Very Cheap, Paid around $20 for someones old cabinets. Also made some cheap homemade tire racks out of some shelf brackets and a few pieces of 10 ft EMT pipe. Save your money for the karts, no one cares how fancy your tire rack or work bench is.

Similar to what I was thinking. I just want to make sure I can fit two karts.

Larry Jones Motorsports make quite a few aluminum pieces that will organize your trailer and make easy access for all of you parts.
Gear Racks, Hub Racks, Clutch racks, Clutch Hub Racks, End Plates for Tire Racks, Folding Go Kart Rack, Tire Rolling Racks!
Go to www.larryjonesmotorsports.com to see all of our products or call the shop with any questions or orders!

Make sure that any doors or drawers you install have definite thing to prevent opening while traveling, My old trailor had metal bars with a 90* bend at the top, that went thru eye bolts .

We have wooden kitchen cabinets in the front our ours with child safety locks to keep closed during transport. 3 of them fit in a 6x12. Have 2 cabinets with single door and top drawer and the middle is a 4 drawer. Laminate top on it for work space.

Also, place a shelf for kart #2 at kart stand height in the trailer. this way you can push it into the trailer and right onto it. We can haul 2 karts easy, 1 on the floor and on on the shelf. Shelf is removable if you don't want or need it in the trailer. We seem to always keep it in as it doubles for a table for the food and drinks. Also, put a stop on the shelf to stop the kart from rolling off the front when you push it off the stand.

I would send pics but currently buried in snow :(

Thanks for all of the help guys. Now, another questions...the trailer is black with white streaks. How do I get rid of this?

if its an older (weather hardened) vynle use a heat gun to loosen up the glue but be ready for some work ...an air tool (stripe remover wheel) works very well but on black in either cas be ready to hit the whole thing with a buffer and light compound or once the white streaks are gone it will be a blackish trailer with really black streaks.

Here's mine......available too. :)

attachment.php

Back