K3 Karting 13th Annual Dirt Classic September 12th

This is just an early reminder that our 13th Annual Dirt Classic is September 12th.

September 11th will be the annual camp out at the track. Everyone is welcome to come camp out Friday night and sit around the fire and eat some s’mores. The big track next door also has a race scheduled that night if you’d like to go over and watch.

I am currently running around to local businesses and handing out flyers to make sure we get every class a sponsor.

Also we will be starting 1-2 hours earlier on this day to hopefully keep it a relatively early night for everyone traveling here. For our local racers, the dirt classic will be a points night as it has been the last couple years.

I will be using this post as well as Facebook to keep everyone updated with information about the event as well as sponsor information.
87E18C68-3BCB-4EAE-8D5C-2450418EAC5B.jpeg

Jr 3 clone and Clone Super Heavy (#400) - now is your chance to give me a roll call for September 12th. We have not ran your class all year but if you show me you guys are coming I will make sure you have a sponsor. If I don’t see any interest we will still offer your class that day but you will be normal payout classes.

Here is the class list with the sponsors I have so far. In the next 1-2 weeks I will announce payouts
760AD68A-A65A-40FE-8F8E-410B54C8B8D4.jpeg

**13th Annual Dirt Classic info**

This post is going to be long so please make sure you read from top to bottom and share the post to get all the info out there.

Camp out will be Friday night - we will have a campfire, marshmallows, and s’mores. Anyone is welcome to come hangout for a while or spend the night. Kankakee County Speedway races that Friday so you could also go over there and check out some Friday night stock car racing.

Any sponsors are still welcome to jump on board - Just send me a message and we can add it on to another class to make the race even bigger!

Guaranteed Classes:

Baby champs: Each driver will receive something at the end of the night sponsored by Kirsch Excavating

Kid karts: Each driver will receive something at the end of the night sponsored by K3 Concessions

Jr. 1 Champ: $100 to win $50 for 2nd and $25 for 3rd sponsored by High Performance Lubricants

Jr. 2 Champ: $60 to win $25 2nd and $15 3rd sponsored by Miss Priss Racing

Jr. Green Clone: $100 to win sponsored by RPM Graphics $50 for 2nd sponsored by Reinhardt Racing and $25 sponsored by Fred Varvel

Jr. Predator Champ: $100 to win sponsored by Uptown Garage $50 2nd sponsored by KBR and $25 sponsored by Fred Varvel

Flathead Medium: $200 to win $100 2nd and $50 3rd sponsored by the Kankakee Fairgrounds, Luconi's Pizza and K&K Creations

Sr. Predator: Mystery Money sponsored by Ozzie Motorsports

L0206: $250 sponsored by HR repair and $100 2nd sponsored by Reinhardt Racing

Animals: $150 sponsored by Precision Racecraft and 2nd $50 sponsored by Oak Springs Golf Club

Clone Medium: $250 sponsored by Cordes Brothers Towing, Transport, and Roadside Service LLC $100 for 2nd and $50 for 3rd sponsored by Askren Enterprise

Clone Heavy: $500 to win $200 2nd and $100 3rd sponsored by K3 Karting and BAM Decking and Jeff’s Towing

Opens: Mystery Money sponsored by Kankakee Swapmeet (March 7th)

Clone Super Heavy (#400): $200 to win and $75 2nd sponsored by Lemens Coating

HUGE thank you to all of our sponsors. We collected over $3,000 and with all of your help each class has one or more sponsors. We really appreciate all the local businesses stepping up to support the local racing community. And racers, if you’re able to - return the favor and support these local businesses as well. We couldn’t have done this without their help and I will be posting more info for each sponsor throughout the next two weeks

TIMES:
Gates: noon
Practice: 2:30
Racing at 4:30

Pit passes: $15 (6 and under $6)
Member entry: $20 Non member entry: $30
Baby champs and kid karts entry: $15
Opens and predators entry: $10
Outside grandstands are FREE

Last edited:
Update: Clone Heavy entry will be $40

TOP TEN will be paid - more karts = better payout

Top 3 guarantee payout is $500 - $250 - $100 sponsored by K3 Karting, BAM Decking and Jeff’s Towing

Couple payout changes / announcements

Clone Super Heavy - there WILL be a driver weight rule of #200. I apologize to a couple people I told there wouldn’t be. We talked to a couple super heavy guys and got an estimated roll call and there will be more than enough to have a class so it’s only fair to have a driver weight rule.

Clone heavy entry: $30 member $40 non member
Payouts have been increased!
$600 to win - $300 2nd - $150 3rd - $75 4th -$50 5th and payback for top 10

Clone Mediums
Payouts have been
$300 to win - $150 2nd - $75 3rd - $50 4th - $25 5th

Jr. 2 Champ has an additional sponsor from Donzero Competition engines and it will now be $150 to win $75 2nd and $25 3rd.

Makeup race date will be the following weekend 9/19

Friday night is the annual camp out at the track! Gates will probably be open 6-6:30

You can either come hang out or spend the night at the track. Big track is racing so you can go over there and support them as well.

We will have marshmallows and s’mores - anyone is welcome to bring something to roast on the fire. If anyone has any extra marshmallow sticks please bring them. Big thank you to Bill Eaton for “sponsoring” the wood for the fire.

**If Saturday is still not looking good weather wise I will make the call and cancel the camp out early Friday. If we do happen to cancel Saturday I will reschedule the camp out with the race.

We are making the early call to reschedule the 13th Annual Dirt Classic and Campout to next weekend 9/18 and 9/19. With the rain we have had and the way Saturday is looking we don’t want to risk it and have people travel all the way here to watch it rain. I know we had many making a long trip here. Hopefully this gives some of you enough time to switch plans and go to the race in Missouri or have one more week with some down time.

Race specials and double points will be combined with the specials on 9/26

Sorry guys, let’s hope for some better weather next weekend and see you all on 9/19!

Thank you to everyone who came out last night and a big thank you to all of our Dirt Classic sponsors! The final entry count was 142. Biggest classes were 22 clone heavies, 18 clone mediums, 14 lo206, 14 predators. Unfortunately it was a very late night with cautions, extra long intermission, and some unprofessionalism by some drivers/crew at the end of the night.

On a positive note, here are the winners for the 13th Annual Dirt Classic:

Baby Champ: Zack Sennerchia
Kid Kart: Ethan Frye
Jr. 1 Champ: Ryder Mooi (first feature win)
Jr. 2 champ: Oliver Osborne
Jr Green Clone: Trey Mcwhorter
Predator Champ: Troy Hensley
Flathead Medium: John Plotner
Sr Predator: Sam Osborne
L0206: Travis Kepner
Animals: Tyler Kuxhouse
Clone Medium: Joey Pendergrass
Clone Heavy: Dustin Heath
2nd: Tyler Kuxhouse
Clone Super Heavy: Robby Olson

Opens: Jeff Hotler

Thank you again to ReCharge Coffee Bar + Roasters for coming out and selling drinks. They donated $200 at the end of the night to the track that we will use for a sponsor.

And one final thank you to all of our sponsors for this event

Kirsch Excavating
Cordes Towing
Lemens Coating
Precision Racecraft
K3 Concessions
High performance lubricants
Askren Enterprise
ReCharge Coffee Bar
Donzero Competition Engines
Uptown Garage
Jeff’s towing