K3 Karting 2020 rule changes

I will have an updated rule book posted to our Facebook page in the next week or so. Not much is changing from 2019 but I did want to make sure these changes are seen

1) Sr Predator and Jr Predator champ tire rule this year will be either Hoosier Fks or A40. Still no prep. All motor rules will stay the same.

2) Jr 2 Champ we are going to try something different since the flatheads are getting outdated. We will allow Flathead Blue plate and animal blue plate. There will be weight differences depending on the motor. This will hopefully allow our racers to be able to travel to different tracks when we are off as well as bring in travelers from other tracks.

3) Sr champs - we are going back to old rules to hopefully get the class to come back. Animal motor, open tire, prep will be allowed.

Last edited:
Jr champ clone with small pipe? That would level better to the animal. Otherwise no contest clone wins.
I’ll have official rules posted soon, just wanted to get out that we will be allowing mixed motors. Joe is going to talk to Jeff at Rage and see how the tracks in the Ohio area mix theirs, and we will most likely follow those rules

For what it's worth they've been mixed here in central pa for years, give the blue plate flathead 10 lb advantage to animal, then purple plate clone with weenie pipe is much closer to blue plate animal.
Thank you, I appreciate the info! I’m kind of being the middle man for the promoter so I may have misunderstood the clone plate. I know he is planning on talking to Rage to get an idea of what the weights should be for each

We are hoping with this transition of allowing all 3 that the end goal will be to get most of them to transition from Flathead (which is our rule now) to clones and animals

Thank you, I appreciate the info! I’m kind of being the middle man for the promoter so I may have misunderstood the clone plate. I know he is planning on talking to Rage to get an idea of what the weights should be for each

We are hoping with this transition of allowing all 3 that the end goal will be to get most of them to transition from Flathead (which is our rule now) to clones and animals
With that mix a good flathead with good driver set up and tires can win, so even if they don't transition you have more entries which is good 😉

You have a PM

After some thought and talking to others, Joe has decided that for this year we will only be allowing Flathead Blue plate and Animal blue plate for the Jr 2 champ class. Those are the rules for Little Eldora as well. We are going to have a 10lb weight break for flatheads.

After this season, we will take a look at the class again and decide about adding clones.

Thank you to everyone for your feedback and help

Mixing these motors is the best news In a while.
I Have dyno many frees/rebuilt /new ,what every ya want to call them from other builders over the years.
I know allot of racers seem to thank its motor when they don't win but believe me I have seen some low HP /TQ motors kill the fields.
Also have seen many good ones run in the back.LOL

C2F9C126-8A37-4426-BAC6-8FCCC76E4A8E.jpeg

Looking to run here this season and need to know what tire the other classes that are not 'spec tire' will run ? Is it a Burris track or Hoosier ? Thank you !

Back