K55 motoplat rotor removal

Emmick93

Hello,
I'm getting back into karting after many years and now in the process of rebuilding my old K55. I am trying to locate a puller to remove the motoplat rotor but I am not finding a source that sells the old GEM puller. Do any of you know a source? If not, do you know the thread size of the rotor? I see several other pullers available that are used on motorcycle engines that also use motoplat ignition. Thanks for the help.

Your best bet - in no real order

Comet
Out2Win
TS Racing
Italian Motors

A lot of those shops (and there may be more) were building motors back when the Motoplats were used for ignitions. I'm sure one of them has a puller or two they would sell.

Emmick93,

If you have a friend with a lathe, you could just make one (or have one made). The thread that goes in the Motoplat rotor is 27mm x 1.25mm. Puller bolt can obviously be anything that's handy (though I would personally go much finer thread than this one is).

PM

IMG_2616.jpeg

Thanks for the information and providing a couple good directions. With that thread size I see that the Motoplat was also commonly used on Bultaco and Maico dirt bikes back in the 70's. I was able to find several sources that sell this thread size puller for the vintage bike market. Thanks again with the information. This is a great forum site!

Back