KA100/HPV/JICA conversion?

mtk1977

Been seeing some screaming deals on these motors completely fresh. How would these do with minimum investment on dirt compared to a KT with a little hot shoe driver? Ditch the spec clutch, throw it on a 20mm belt jackshaft and an oval 100cc reed/PP pipe. I’m talking tiny indoor bullrings at best in a 300 pound kart/driver setup.

Yeah, no UAS intention. Small tracks around here have a lot of guys running 15-20 HP “open” Chinese industrial stuff. My big motor is too much, and getting a new KT setup for LTO costs more than one of these and buying a belt driver for it. Purely corner speed and nothing else on these tracks.

There’s nothing flawed in my thinking though right? In theory the motor should still run great just by switching to belt conversion with jackshaft clutch and pipe? No weird ignition issues or problems with a factory gas carb?

If you are running stock 2cycles against modified 4strokes it's sometimes hard to compare. I would give it a shot should be relatively inexpensive and a decent ride Chuck.

I always like to remind people the track record where we raced for years was held by an Super Stock Reedjet. UAS karts came close but never surpassed it. Maybe the best UAS could beat it but that would have to be the best of the best because the we had some pretty nice and fast karts racing there. The track was a 1/6 mile. So, to answer your question, yes they can be competitive

DK.

I always like to remind others that it’s the JR plate classes that are getting in the 8 second bracket at these tracks and not the opens. LOL

Yes, you are right. The PP stuff could honestly use a TSOW, KBDO, or L series from RLV as used on a Yamaha. The reed stuff at the very least needs a Q98/S4/CRE6 at the very least. Probably safe to say a matching header. I know all of the mentioned motors use a curved header for sprint application. Still, a $400 motor, $100 for a belt driver hub. Everything else I already own! Plus the bolt pattern on most have cross compatible bolt patterns for sub plates.

Back