KA100 question

krtrcn

I've found a couple of used motors, and I was wondering if anyone has used one of these on a dirt set-up.
I know they're a TAG motor, can the starter and other electrical system be taken off and be converted to a regular starter.
Just wondering. They look like they would make a good motor to start someone out on. I read that stock they make 22 hp.
Thanks

Their guts are pretty mild , were made more for endurance than raw power. In my experience any reed can be made to run at a price.( except the LMR lol). There should be plenty of parts available . You live probably 20 miles from me there are a bunch of reeds here in the southeast that on any given night anyone can win. I personally believe there are better options out here.I'm done later Chuck

They make close to the same power stock as an open Yamaha. No reason to get rid of the starter system other than to save about 10#

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Apples to Oranges I got ya .Decent engine but down here in the ( SOUHEAST) they won't compete. Reedjet, TT 75 ,Sirrio, Commer h-2-0 ltilla system. The only good thing about the ka is parts available . You can polish a turd only so much lol later Chuck.

Back