Kart alignment with 4 foot lever.

Belcher12

Quick question, when doing the alignment with 4 foot level is the level supposed to touch the front rim at all when placed flat against rear wheel? Or do you measure from level to front and rear of front wheel to make your adjustment? Basically are the front and rear wheel supposed to be dead in line with each other for proper set up then set toe?

Best way I remember this before I got lasers is to level both right sides. ( assuming this is a LTO kart. Next you need two metal or aluminum plates that will reach across both front wheel ( toe plates). Place them flat against both front wheels. Take two tapes with the steering locked straight up and measure from the front of both plates with one and rear of both with the other. Once even toe the LF out 1/16 to 1/8. It won’t be perfect but close.

E6763FD5-5454-44D6-9F3E-EFAA1E5ED1B9.jpeg
I understand the basic of it. Evening up the right sides and the set up for the front left but my biggest question is for the right side when I put the level against the rr wheel it does not touch the fr wheel at all. Do I need to adjust so they are in line with each other?

Most likely because of you’re front or rear track width. I apparently just got lucky when I did that mine lined up. I’ll have to defer to someone more knowledgeable on the subject than to give false info.

Its best if it does not touch the right front . As that will skew your results .
Just be sure the rt frt is parallel to rr

From the go to thread
XXX#40 said:
4 foot level held square against the RR tire, make sure the rim isn't bent
BINGO !! Remember it's OK if the fronts are offset in, just take measurements on both sides of front wheels where rim is true, then square which ever side you choose most square the right side and toe the left.
Heads up IF the level hits the body side panel just put a short 2x4 block against rear wheels then pinch level against block.

I appreciate the clarification guys! I thought something might be off with my set up at first! Should be good to go now

I appreciate the clarification guys! I thought something might be off with my set up at first! Should be good to go now
just like the pic you have, make sure the level is square with the rear rim the measure the distance from the level to the front rim on the front and back and get it the same, then your right side is square, then I run my left front 1/16" toe out

Back