Kart and Driver Weight Questions.

So now that the kid is getting into kart racing I’m thinking I can’t realistically race my street stock and give him the seat time he needs. So I’m tossing he idea around of getting a kart for myself. The problem is a daddy eats too many Cheeseburgers and walks around about 250.

I haven’t had our PRC Scythe on the scales yet, so what do they weigh with a clone or predator engine without lead? Roughly of course, I figure each kart might very 10lbs or so depending on what you have on it. I see they have the 425 and 450 classes. So....what can a driver weigh and still get the scale numbers to be competitive?

So now that the kid is getting into kart racing I’m thinking I can’t realistically race my street stock and give him the seat time he needs. So I’m tossing he idea around of getting a kart for myself. The problem is a daddy eats too many Cheeseburgers and walks around about 250.

I haven’t had our PRC Scythe on the scales yet, so what do they weigh with a clone or predator engine without lead? Roughly of course, I figure each kart might very 10lbs or so depending on what you have on it. I see they have the 425 and 450 classes. So....what can a driver weigh and still get the scale numbers to be competitive?
Kart generally weighs 150-160# with slicks.

I weigh about 250# myself . Depending on your body that your using , you should be good for Super Heavy 400# , and up . I cross the scales at 416# total at most places . Most karts are between 160 to 170 pounds , but maybe heavier with a heavy reinforced body and such . I will also compete in lighter classes sometimes , and the little extra weight sometimes helps . So don't be worried about size so much as handling . Its all about having fun , and doing it with your kids and family . Good Luck !!

Back