Kart bodies

mike97760

Site Supporter
Today we tried mounting a popular body in my Kinetik and it didnt fit worth a darn, nose was too narrow. Front edges of the tires stuck past the nose and general fit was poor. Measured the width and the new nose was an inch narrower than the one we took off which came off a later Phantom kart. Measured a Slack and its nose, different yet. Are there commercially sold bodies that tend to fit some chassis better than others or body companies that sell their products in versions designed for certain chassis? Over the years I have bought random bodies and put them on random karts and noticed some fit poorly, others fit fine.

Same thing with my Kinetik, bought it from the guy and he was gonna put a body from his Charger on it for me and the nose didnt fit right on the kinteik. Some bodys dont seem to bolt up like others.

Theres differences in nose widths between some manufacturers. A lot of bodies are just copies of someone elses body just trying to make money not realizing how much difference can be made with nose width and weight.

Could always take the bodies off and go back to racing like gentlemen. When I was in the seat I was just as guilty of thinking rubbing is racing but loose the nose and sides and you will find you have to drive different. Think of it as more cost savings lol

Today we tried mounting a popular body in my Kinetik and it didnt fit worth a darn, nose was too narrow. Front edges of the tires stuck past the nose and general fit was poor. Measured the width and the new nose was an inch narrower than the one we took off which came off a later Phantom kart. Measured a Slack and its nose, different yet. Are there commercially sold bodies that tend to fit some chassis better than others or body companies that sell their products in versions designed for certain chassis? Over the years I have bought random bodies and put them on random karts and noticed some fit poorly, others fit fine.
Chavous body is on my kinetik Vulcan

I run Fuzion Composite bodies. I've hung them an almost every kart chassis and they fit extremely well. No trimming at at.

I ran into a problem lately with the nose being extremely close to the pedals. I have to move my foot to the inside of the pedal to get full throttle or braking or my feet hit the body.

Back