Kart chassis behavior

So4581

I’m look for information in layman’s terms as to how a chassis naturally behaves when entering, going through and exiting a corner. Thank you

I will take a stab at this .
at turn in the weight tranfers too the right rear .
Mid turn more transfer and then both right sides are loaded .
at corner exit the weight moves back .
Too Quote Mr Kish : (Or I ain't necessaily right . )

Thanks a lot for the reply’s guys. I appreciate it. So another question I have that I tend to hear different opinions about is what the kart will do when it has to much drive on the right rear vs to much drive on the left rear.

Thanks a lot for the reply’s guys. I appreciate it. So another question I have that I tend to hear different opinions about is what the kart will do when it has to much drive on the right rear vs to much drive on the left rear.
How that experience feels to you can also depend on other factors like Camber and stagger and wheel spacing. It's always been hard for me to figure out the right rear left rear thing in simple terms like that because I'm always considering how every aspect of my setup works as a whole

Too much right rear can feel great in the corners, but lack roll speed because of the rear tires fighting each other. See "bound".
Too much left rear will show itself as lack of rotation in the corner.

Others may see it differently.

wo
Too much right rear can feel great in the corners, but lack roll speed because of the rear tires fighting each other. See "bound".
Too much left rear will show itself as lack of rotation in the corner.

Others may see it differently.
would you go to more cross

wo

would you go to more cross
The op never said what was causing the too much right or left rear.
The cause could be many things.
Cross
Left weight
Rear weight
Center of gravity height
Stagger

Or, simply the wrong tire setup.
Compound or prep

If thought was weight on rear tires, then a cross adjustment would likely be a place to start.

Back