Kart hauling options

I used an open 4x8 trailer last year and pulled it behind my 2 door explorer. Worked well except for when it rained. The kart doesn't fit inside. Thought about a cover or a Pickup and trailer but thinking maybe a van or ?

we sometimes roll with just my truck, and use a tarp to cover, but then we have a 6x12 enclosed trailer too.

Attachments

• loaded truck.jpg
    loaded truck.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 189
I have been wondering about using an older box van like the single rear wheel van chassis that Ryder rents. The 2 down sides are the smell of tire prep coming into the cab and getting the kart and buggy in and out the cargo area. A low deck height box van could probably use a ramp that's not too long. And sealing off the drivers area door permanently is an option. I like the idea that it can be parked anywhere and would be easy to maneuver in tight pit areas. Obviously this would only work for a 1 kart operation.

I raced out of the pickup truck for years (ford rangers and dodge dakotas), the last few years i did that i finally broke down and got a nice tarp. I try not to cheap out and take my 12' enclosed trailer everywhere I go now. I've seen people with old box trucks, mini vans, and SUVs without trailers, all depends what your necessities for the track are and how much room you personally need.

Used a open trailer last year with 2 tier tire rack and storage boxes mounted on the trailer, this past winter I bought a 91 Chevy step van and converted it into a hauler, I bought a 8 ft. Aluminum ramp and just push the kart up on the stand, with all the shelves I put in and the ramp its only good for a 1 kart team. But if you had a guy to help lift you wouldn't need va ramp and 2 karts would still have enough room.

have used small pickups,full size pickups,ventura minivan,12ft,14ft,5x8 trailers,open trailers what ever was available,but the first time out with the gokart in 2002 we practiced on a sunday morning at fantasy,middletown ohio..left the track in my pickup ran into a storm so heavy that the seat filled completely up with water,needless to say it washed the dirt and grime and mud off...the kart started up with one pull after we got home..we bought a 6x12 ft enclosed soon after that.....

I've hauled karts in 3 different vans, and 2 different Suburbans. I hated having to use the truck or open trailer when there was a chance of rain. An enclosed trailer is worth the money if you can afford it.

Attachments

• July 93 b.jpg
    July 93 b.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 88
  • P7190007.jpg
    P7190007.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 82
  • P1020437.jpg
    P1020437.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 87
Back