Kart Parts Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood what was written to mean they were tested before they were installed. I can now look at the pressure testing to mean, he put his foot on the pedal and they leaked. And I'll figure the calipers were never checked before they were installed and with his experience they must have been ok and not leaked before going out on the track.

That still leaves him needing to pay for the return of his parts if he wants them back, because he did not return them before the 15 day limit. Maybe pressure from posting on here and spreading the word will get him different results.

Reading other things in the companies policy's, I would be reluctant to buy anything from them. Things like hey if were back ordered on something, the customers going to eat the extra shipping cost. Ain't no way I'd buy from them under those conditions. And 15 days from when parts are shipped isn't much grace period and would be easy to miss.

Ya really 15 days from when the part was shipped...come on really...
It takes 10-20 days just to get a part here, and that is if it does not get held in customs...then it could be 30 days or more.
That is just a bad policy...

Sorry you had a problem but I have been dealing with Kart Parts Depot.com for a couple years now and have had very little trouble. They shipped wrong size and were out of stock of another item once but they took care of each in a fast and timely matter.

I have talked to Michael Pine many times and he has always been very helpful.

Everyone that runs a business has dropped the ball before or messed up an order, haven't read all this information, but no one is perfect, if they say they are they are lying!

I even required to have the part shipped back to me before posting anything. They didn´t even bothered answering so, yes, they have something that is MINE. Caliper didn´t work form day one and when I checked it I didn´t changed anything so if pistons were backwards that is exactly as they came from them. Obviously to know if a part works you need to mount it so I paid for something that din´t work from day one. I am more than sure every business makes mistakes but that doesn´t mean keeping what is not yours or refusing to return something that doesn´t work as it is supposed too. paulkish your post ignores these facts. I have dealt with many shops and webs and never had any of them acting this way. Ted knows what I mean because he bought one caliper after I told him where I found it and I actually bought one like this in Spain last summer and it seemed to work with no issues. Not answering calls or emails is another part of the mess and delayed my request too for weeks. What is your excuse for this too, paulkish? Stop protecting this kind of practices and spend your time defending those who treat us right, which are most karting businesses. Thanks, Ted.

My suggestion to you is to continue your efforts to get your money or part back and discontinue conversation on here over the subject. There are those who are are positive and those who are negative on the topic. You got your message across to the public about your situation and that is fine. Freedom of speech. As long as you keep posting there will be those who feedback on their behalf and that is ok also because apparently they did not have any problems with their orders. Just move on and thank you for the education.

My suggestion to you is to continue your efforts to get your money or part back and discontinue conversation on here over the subject. There are those who are are positive and those who are negative on the topic. You got your message across to the public about your situation and that is fine. Freedom of speech. As long as you keep posting there will be those who feedback on their behalf and that is ok also because apparently they did not have any problems with their orders. Just move on and thank you for the education.

Appreciate and respect your advice. My purpose posting here is that nobody has the same issues. Of course everyone is welcome to do as they please and so they will, but I am just saying I paid for something and neither I have it working as a new product should nor I gor it back defective as it was either. And I also know some people have had problems with them before too. Not answeingr emails or phone calls other than not returning what someone has already paid for obviously is wrong. I don´t know who in their chain is responsible for it and I don´t have to find out because that should be their problem, but they have my money and my part and the more people know about it the better for keeping business out of them and in the hands of those who care about customers and are honest (a majority). Added to this no provider or private seller or buyer will ever tell you I didn´t pay for anything I bought or didn´t supply what I was selling so I guess my reputation will help too. If you someone buys from them and have any issue after reading this at least they knew the risk before buying. Thanks a lot.

So far other than my requests by email or phone they haven't answer the requests from any agency taking care of this, including Federal Trade Comission and Best Business Bureau. They have a deadline to answer. Let's see if they wantbto get themselves in more serious trouble.

rainman has been an outstanding member on bobs for several yrs befor the crash of the site,has always been an honest person,i dont think he would try to make a claim on a issue that isnt the truth
Wow, sorry to hear about your crappy experience with them. I ordered an item from them back in April, their website stated they were in-stock. I received a call from Michael Pine, their marketing rep, stating that an error was made and they were actually out of stock. He apologized and said, "What can I do to make this right?" We agreed on a similar item from another manufacturer at their cost. I was more than satisfied with the product and the service. I would be interested in speaking with an actual person with regards to this situation Mr. Rainman as it appears more complicated than the average product concern. I see you are a frequent poster on this forum and an avid karter in several series, if I were in the karting business I would do my damnest to keep racers like you happy.

I live in Pennsylvania, have traveled and met Santiago a few times, read what he has said and talked with him here on Bob's many times. He is a very honest and level headed individual. If he says to stay away from Karts Parts Depot, I will and I believe a lot of Open Racers who know the Rainman will stay away. Hope things get straightened out. Steve Windle Sr.

The pre-crash days - i miss 'em. I salute folks for sticking it out, but this site is 1/4 of what it used to be. Its a crying shame.

I don't know rainman but I have dealt with kart parts depot a lot and have always had great customer service! I think you guys who are saying you'll not buy from them because of one man's story is ridiculous. It's like the waitress who claimed she wasn't given a tip because of her orientation..

If a bunch of people said the same thing then that's a different story.

The pre-crash days - i miss 'em. I salute folks for sticking it out, but this site is 1/4 of what it used to be. Its a crying shame.
This is way off topic but, you know, I'd like to point some things out.
The number of pages the server returns to requests is maybe down 10% compared to before the crash (it's at around 200,000 or more web pages served per day), however, this is the holiday season, traffic has been historically down over this time of year between 10 to 15%.
The number of new posts per day is nearly the same as before October.
The number of registered users visiting per day is down about 20%, however many of those users haven't registered yet, most of them will.

Starting with a clean slate is not a new deal with this web site.
The first forum software I used, back in 1996, was Matt's WWWBoard. Some of the old timers that are still around can attest to the fact that, on any given day, there was no guarantee that it wouldn't crash and start back up stripped of all the posts. Sometimes it would happen 2 or 3 times per month.

In 1998 I started using Discus forum software. It was much more stable, but, again, we started out clean.
The Discus software ran well until 2004, when I switched to VBulletin, and, again, we started out clean.
Now we're starting out clean again.
The information in the Discus forum was better and more up to date than the stuff from the early days. The information in the old Vbulletin forum was better and more up to date than the Discus forum. And I have no doubt that the same thing will happen with this new one.

Paraphrasing ol' Mark Twain, "rumors of 4 Cycle's death have been greatly exaggerated". :)

Amen Bob.

I don't think 4cycle.com will ever return to it's former glory....

I think it will be even better!

As far as kart parts depot -- I've been in this business full time for 25 years and this is the first I've heard of them.

My suggestion is that you deal with them directly first. If you don't get the results you are looking for, then contact your payment method (bank credit card, paypal, whatever.) Depending on local and federal laws, you may be protected already. Sure hope you guys get this worked out - whatever that may look like in the future.

Thank you!
Brian Carlson

Last edited:
Kart parts depot

I have herd kart parts depot is a e comerce site that factors orders tru the supplier and has them shipped direct to you the last time i talked to one of my suppliers who does business with them i wa s told all the orders thay placed with them are shipped direct to customer hence the below value pricing with no inventory overhead maybe this explains the current return policy just saying

What Elmer states is correct. When they approached us to be a "fulfillment" source, we passed.
Probably cost us $25K a year in sales, but as a TRUE "Brick and Mortar" kart shop, it would have been self defeating to drop ship product at a cut rate to our potential retail customers.

You would be suprised where your stuff actually comes from these days. We do quite a bit of "Blind Drop Ships" these days, but only for legitimate Brick and Mortar shops we have been dealing with for quite a while, some 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back