Kart Parts Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a clutch driver from them once, it had a bronze bearing which looked like whoever installed it over pressed it and galled it. Basically got blamed for the damage to it even though alls I did was take it out of the box. They basically told me something was fishy here and eventually I started getting mad. But I did send it back and did get a new part. Just didn't appreciate the way I was treated by Mr.Pine. Haven't bought anything from them since and don't plan on it... zigg

I am not the only one who has had issues with Kart Parts Depot. Check with BBB. Other than that the only reality is that I got a part that never worked and they requested having it back for return or replacement. They knew order number and date, and anyway when you spent more than a week everytime you try to contact a company and they don´t return calls or emails your return policy deadline is very questionable. In any case I never got either an answer nor my part, and that was way before I posted here. Even when I sent the part back still didn´t know from them in 10 days till I call back again and could talk to someone. That has nothing to do with any possible previous satisfactory transaction you can have probably had with them. I am not trying to compare with your experiences, just relate how I was STOLEN my money and part, and I dont usually use this word lightly. I certainly don´t care how they get their parts as long as I am treated as any customer deserves. By the way, thanks, Steve.

A little update on these crooks. They have failed to answer any request from BBB, Federal Trade Commission or my Bank/Credit company, BB&T/Visa. Of course they still have my money and my merchandise.

Santiago -- thanks for update. My caliper on the CRG I sold apparently works as the guy said he had a great track outing with it. I suspect it's on a lower-hp engine so it may not stress the system as much, and maybe you just got a dud caliper too. I have one left on my MARI and I hope it works well. Time will tell -- I'm outside the return window, so if not I'm screwed too.

Reply from Kart Parts Depot

Hello Fellow Racers,

Seems to be some confusion about our company which I am happy to assist with. We understand that we cannot please everyone but we certainly try and certainly never intend to do anything that our fellow racers would not appreciate.

Regarding the BBB issue and our return policy. It is noted clearly on our website. We CANNOT accept any parts back which are not in the same condition which we sold them. We have our share of returns in this technical business and the part needs to be able to resell otherwise we will be losing too many parts and too much money.

We answer our phone (888-5785-2132) during normal business hours Monday thru Friday 9am to 5pm. Our live chat is typically on even off hours. We always answer all our emails at sales@kartpartsdepot.com.

With over 10,000 parts and the best incentives in the industry, we strive to provide the highest levels of service and we hope to provide all of you with excellence service.

Thanks for your attention.
Michael

" We have our share of returns in this technical business and the part needs to be able to resell otherwise we will be losing too many parts and too much money. "
So it's the consumers fault if you sell a defective part? Talk about no accountability, I wouldn't send you crooks a dime!

Last edited:
So if you bolt on a part that is defective and try to return it.... you are SOL? Hmmmm thanks for the warning. This company didn't do much for themselves by coming on here and stating how clueless they are.

Why would someone return a part in working order? If it works, I can be persuaded that I got it at a great price and a return is not possible. If the part doesn't work or is defective, and your business doesn't allow a return - there is a pretty big problem.

Anyone reading this long thread should know better than to deal with Kart Parts Depot.

When my father owned a kart shop, the advertisements listed "Sales & Service". I guess "service" with these guys more closely resembles an enema. (??)

Hilarious

Hello Fellow Racers,

Seems to be some confusion about our company which I am happy to assist with. We understand that we cannot please everyone but we certainly try and certainly never intend to do anything that our fellow racers would not appreciate.

Regarding the BBB issue and our return policy. It is noted clearly on our website. We CANNOT accept any parts back which are not in the same condition which we sold them. We have our share of returns in this technical business and the part needs to be able to resell otherwise we will be losing too many parts and too much money.

We answer our phone (888-5785-2132) during normal business hours Monday thru Friday 9am to 5pm. Our live chat is typically on even off hours. We always answer all our emails at sales@kartpartsdepot.com.

With over 10,000 parts and the best incentives in the industry, we strive to provide the highest levels of service and we hope to provide all of you with excellence service.

Thanks for your attention.
Michael

Hilarious is the nicest adjective to describe this post. I am glad the replies of most people here can clearly see the credit Kart Part Deport deserves and I am sure this post instead of helping this business? is just gonna hurt them more. I am just gonna name facts, not stories or opinions or fake promises.

1-Everytime I tried to contcat this business it took me at least 1 week to get someone on the phone or answer an email, with the exception of the one where I was told they wouldn´t offer a replacement or refund. Most emails or phone messages were not even answered.

2-I returned the par as I got it with the evident signs of having been mounted and a broken pad that broke during my 1st run. I didn´t even blame KPD for the pad but certainly caliper couldn´t hold pressure and leaked. I was suggested trying to work on it, which I didn´t since there was no air in lines and still leaked.

3-If you wouldnt cover any deffective part I wonder why I was asked to return part (by the way, I paid shipping for something that wasn´t my fault).

4-I was asked if I wanted deffective part back or thrown away. I asked to have it back and neither I had part back or have an answer to my request. Today is the 1st time I hear from KPD after that request.

5-You have failed to answer any office that have requested information about this filed complain so far and I have documentation that proves it and I am not the 1st case filed against you. Check BBB, Federal Trade Commission and BB&T/Visa.

6-It is not legal to resell a used part as new after you fix it unless you list the part as a return and state it was fixed. This point I am sure is gonna make many prospective customers think.

7-Other than answer your FAKE statements I have no interest in going back and forward with you since you have shown me how dishonest you are. You still have my money and the part so I paid for something I don't have right now. I already did what I had to do and my purpose posting here is preventing others from having the same experience and making sure those business that handle things properly get their deserved part of business. As I said I just supplied facts.

8-If you don't plan on returning defective parts you'd better find another business, if you can find any at all where you can sell something that doesn't work and still keep customers happy. If you try to use the excuse of delays or time between sending product and reporting deffective part you'd better improve your customer service and answer emails and phone calls in less than a week.

I have nothing else to say. Let everyone here judge this case by the facts I have shared. And by the way, most of us are not your "Fellow Racers".

Obviously they don´t but the more people know they don´t care the better for karting. Thanks for your support.

we strive to provide the highest levels of service and we hope to provide all of you with excellence service.
Michael
So your saying "Fellow Racers" are lying?
Your also saying the Better Business Bureau is being unfair with your F rating?
Man up, admit you MAY have made a mistake. Treat a "fellow racer" the way you would want to be treated.

If I'm correct, this business sells parts, not manufacture them. Perhaps you should try to turn your pursuits towards the manufacturer of the caliper. I feel for you and your loss, rainman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back