Kart Parts Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

I have been trying to give these people time to do what is right but seems like if they are not a business you want todeal with. I oredered from them a caliper with some other products some months ago, and never installed the caliper till a month and a half later. The 1st day in the track the caliper was already leaking through the pistons on the second run and was unable to hold any pressure. I spent more than a week trying to contact them by email and leaving phone messages that they never answered. Once I could get someone on the phone I explained the situation and they told me they had my email (though seems like they never bothered to answer it). They told me on the phone they would email me directions on how to return the caliper so they could send me a replacement or credit to my account. I sent them the caliper and 10 days after they got it there (according to USPS receipt) they hadn´t bothered to give me any feedback or answer. I managed to get someone to answer my email after several days trying on the phone again and they told me I had received my order on time. I told them I wasn´t talking about that order but about the caliper I was asked to return that the records showed they had received. They answered with an email 1 day later telling me that their warehouse told them

¨its not in good condition and certainly cannot be resold. We cannot accept this back for refund. They believe it could have been installed wrong. Looks like you tried to rebuild it and had the pistons in backwards and other issues with it. Let me know if you would like it back otherwise we need to trash it.¨

I never manipulated the caliper and so I mlet them know. Only thing I checked was if it would hold any pressure. The pistons were mounted exactly as I received them and I would never try to fix a product I bought and paid as new. Of course by their email I can also understand they pretended to fix the caliper and sell it as new again. Only thing wrong or different from the condition I received it was a brake pad that actually broke in the 1st run once installed. Not my fault either but I could assume the price of a pad. It is a shame that not only they don´t refund me but they even ask me if I want it back or just thrown away. Obviously I answered I needed it back because it is mine and they havent bothered to answer me. I would call this openly stealing and I´ll do my best to let everyone know Kart Parts Depot is not to be trusted. I am really sorry I decided to buy something from them because my many good suppliers didn´t have that kind of caliper. I bought one like that last summer in Spain and never had any isuue with it so far. With all the good kart shops and business in the US these people are a shame for karting and they sell in several other countries too. Just let you know in case you might have an issue.

Sorry your having some bad luck with them. I have ordered about $3500 worth of goodies from Kart Parts Depot over the past 4 months and I have not had 1 bad experience. What I am trying to do is get a bunch of stock built up in my trailer so when we go around to races if someone needs a part we will probably have it. I would not hesitate to deal with them again.

Again, sorry your having such bad luck with them.

Wow, sorry to hear about your crappy experience with them. I ordered an item from them back in April, their website stated they were in-stock. I received a call from Michael Pine, their marketing rep, stating that an error was made and they were actually out of stock. He apologized and said, "What can I do to make this right?" We agreed on a similar item from another manufacturer at their cost. I was more than satisfied with the product and the service. I would be interested in speaking with an actual person with regards to this situation Mr. Rainman as it appears more complicated than the average product concern. I see you are a frequent poster on this forum and an avid karter in several series, if I were in the karting business I would do my damnest to keep racers like you happy.

I heard that all the guys there are french or something. A whole shop of guys who used to work on some TaG circuit. If you poke around, you just get a sense that something "european" is going on there. I called once.

I have bought from Kart Parts Depot as well with no problem . I did get some front hubs in early Oct that were not right , called them and sent them back for refund . No problem . Sorry to hear you are having problems .

I bought something small from them a while buck. It was like a 10 dollar item. I ordered the wrong thing and they told me to send back for refund to my account. Well I never got any money back or credited. It was such a small item that I really didnt pursue it, but I havent bought anything from them since.

I gave them time to refund, add credit to my account or at least send the part back since it is mine because I paid. While I dont have ut they can ve considered thieves and so will be reported to my bank, card company and Better Business Bureau. I have relatives working in banks so I know better. I have several witnesses to prove that caliper was only used one practice day for only 2 runs and in the second it was already leaking. Only part not returned as received was a brake pad that BROKE in the 1st run.I have had good and no so good experiences when buying karrt supplies, sometimes late sometimes not in good shape or as expected, but never stopped having what I paid for. Worse experience ever with a kart shop/dealer abd still have the nerve to send me an email with offers for Friday when they still have what is mine.I am a WKA member, UAS member, HRKC member, former FIA/CIK member and other.They are gonba loose much business. Most American shops and businesses are great. It is sad to have one like this among us. I don't care so much about money as I do about this lack of honestity.

You are in VA and they are in Boyton Beach ,FL . I had a problem with a part and they gave me the round a round , and I told them it was broken so when I had the time and was near Daytona I just when to the corporate office and it was handle quickly. Got my money back in full.
I hope you do the same it seems you waited too long from the time you bought it till you installed it, that is why they can't resell It being used . And leaking.

Rainman, don't forget about Consumer Affairs. The BBB is basically run by businesses that seem to protect businesses better than consumers. At least, that's been my experiences. -Alan-

Of course I don't expect them trying to resell something that never worked properly and they have different warehouses around the country. The issue of the refund is not the worst part, the issue is keeping something that doesn't belong to them after refusing credit or refund. I usually trust my dealers so of true it took me sometime before I installed and used it though maybe not so long as it took me to be able to contact them. Not planning to go to Fl to ckaim wgat belongs to me. Right now I can guarantee they have already lost much more than the value of MY caliper or my shipping cost in sales. Ask my friends or fellow racers. Anyone is welcome to order from them and travel to Fl if they have any issue or question.

I already got at least 50 people that will NEVER buy from them. Good job, let them know you have to be honest if you want to get our business.

I make a point of paying for things with a credit card, that way if the dealer/vender doesn't do what's right, you can stop payment and get the card company in to bat for you.
Once had to stop payment on a company w/a 'no refund' policy.
No money has a way of getting people's attention.

Did you get your part back?

No, I didn't get either the deffective part I paid for as new back or refund or even an answer. But I have already filed agianst them through different sources and I have a compromise from many people that will NEVER buy from them. Who is gonna take a chance like that?

Neither my defective part back, answer, refund or anything. Claims filed through different sources and a compromise from different people who will NEVER buty from KART PARTS DEPOT.

Federal Trade commission complaint filed. Better Business Bureau complaint filed. Next step bank and card company. Then report Internet scam. By the way, they also have had some price listed on their web that when you order online it adds a different amount to the one listed. Much much higher.

from their web site:

Refunds:
For refunds on items with no exchange please contact our sales manager at via email at sales@kartpartsdepot@com. In most cases we will accept returns for 15 days after the date the items were shipped to the buyer. All items must be returned in their original packaging in new, unused condition.
----------------

I'd suggest you send them the cost of shipping the part back to you, before they get tired of storing it for you and trash it. You exceeded the new part return time. That sure was not there fault.

You posted their side of the story.

¨its not in good condition and certainly cannot be resold. We cannot accept this back for refund. They believe it could have been installed wrong. Looks like you tried to rebuild it and had the pistons in backwards and other issues with it. Let me know if you would like it back otherwise we need to trash it.¨

You said: "I never manipulated the caliper and so I let them know. Only thing I checked was if it would hold any pressure."

From what you said and they said, it sounds to me like when you "pressure checked" them a piston popped out and you put it in backwards. Then you put them on the kart and raced with it now leaking. Heck if you pressure checked them and they were ok, wouldn't it be normal to figure something happened to cause them to start leaking after you put them on the kart? It doesn't make sense you pressure tested them after you put them on the kart, because once on the kart you put fluid in them and use them. How'd you pressure test them? My guess is you hit them with compressed air. You better hurry and get your shipping money to them before they throw away your caliper.

" get your shipping money to them before they throw away your caliper."

He needs either the part replaced or his old part returned to him.
He has paid for something and should get something.
Otherwise it's not much better than a Nigerian scam.

Paul, you may want to get your story complete before trying to correct someone.
I'm a friend of Santiago's and bought 2 of the same calipers from the same source. I'm hoping I don't have a similar problem.
On Santiago's 2nd lapping session the calipers started leaking. He then checked them, and while I don't know if he even removed the pistons, he'is smart enough to put them back in the way they came out...
IIRC, he "pressure tested" them by reinstalling and rebleeding and they still leaked. For a part like this to fail after 20 laps is ridiculous and I'd demand an exchange or return too.
I'll leave it to him tp chime in here, but I'd wager Santiago has at least as much karting experience as you do....and at high level International karting in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back