Kart race engines vs. the big displacement....

Sounds good to me. I have a couple things left to do on my kart. I have to find a large seat and put a center piece on my wedge. I have a K35 to run for now until my K30 is done. Also can't find my pipe flex and header. I miss placed them in the move up here.

Tim heres some suggestions for possible sponsership. During the off season is the time to approach the manufactors. Hit up Redline and blendsall and some of the other oil suppliers, for a case to be awarded at each national. Approach Mychron for a unit for each national event. Try all the tire manufactors for tires to award for the season of nationals ,even 5 sets per event.Chassis man. for a chassis with just sterring components, rear axel and brakes. They will still sell parts to finish kart tomake it race ready. Hit the wheel suppliers for some support too. Do not ask for monatary donations, ask for produts donations. Most manufactors are much more willing to make these type of supports. Ask TS and comet and Reikens what they might be willing to do in the way of product donations. Make some banners to put up at each race around the tracks at the national events.Post their names in UAS Magazine. Have drivers mention them in interviews Try and get them to sponser all the national events so the banners will work all season long. Someone in the membership must have acces to suppliers for the banners to be made cheap. These are just some suggestion off the top of my head. Many more possibilties are out there and IMO they are up for grabs.Now is the time to ask. I went to redline and approached them for support and was told that i needed to ask much earlier in the year and this was about april. They had already decided on where the support was going.

I agree. Ive put together several sponsor request forms sent them out. Asked our local suppliers ect. Sept-dec has been the basic time frame. I put in request formscwith Lucas oil. I'm only one guy I can only do so much. There allot of others working even harder than I am. Like I said its all a work in progress.

Tim sit down and email the request forms to these companies and use a product bassed format and I bet you wiil see some good results. Redline has a sponsership request page on their web site as iam sure many of the others do. During these economic times many companies will not consider montary requests, but will consider product sponserships. Its much cheaper bang for their buck. If I can be of any help pm me and we will talk more on the subject. I have advised several fishing leagues and helped with the establishment of the rewards programs they now use. I

Yes, I gree that was nothing to do about the UAS race or event
The Big O race was not a UAS race! It is a stand alone race to honor a man that gave more to modified kart racing than any of us have ever done or probably will do! Otis was a personal friend of mine, I hope that the some people in the UAS are not going to try and make the Big O race about the UAS it is not nor should it ever be that would be very disrespectful to Otis! They offered an Unlimited class and they used the same rules that the UAS uses for that class structure and that was it! Nothing counted for the UAS and should not be thought of as a UAS event...... Mark didn't even know who Otis was or that we put on a race for him every year since 2008...

Yes, I gree that was nothing to do about the UAS race or event

Interesting. The big 0 event in honor of Otis added a uas rules class, the premier open modified kart racing series in the country. Some thing im sure otis would have enjoyed imensly the primary organizer of the class a official uas administrator. The racers all from the ranks of the uas contingency and for some strange reason a couple of you guys are all offended the uas name is involved. All for what cause I mentioned those involved should be thanked by the uas as a whole for their involvement. ?

The organizer of the class was Charlie Stoffa.
I believe his organizing has been the salvation of UAS.....in the Carolina's, at least.

I was offended because I don't want people to think it's a big race that the UAS puts on for it's series! The UAS had nothing to do with it, yes they used some rules that the UAS uses and yes one of the people involved in putting things together for the unlimited part of the race event is also a UAS administrator but that's it. I don't think it is right for the UAS or anybody else to try and use this race to benefit the UAS organization in anyway.. I hope that it stays that way because it would be disrespectful to Otis for a series to try and gain from this race in his name especially when the head of such an organization does not even know who the man was... Yes Otis loved Modified racing of all kinds but having known him I don't know if he would really put his seal of approval on the UAS series......

I was offended because I don't want people to think it's a big race that the UAS puts on for it's series! The UAS had nothing to do with it, yes they used some rules that the UAS uses and yes one of the people involved in putting things together for the unlimited part of the race event is also a UAS administrator but that's it. I don't think it is right for the UAS or anybody else to try and use this race to benefit the UAS organization in anyway.. I hope that it stays that way because it would be disrespectful to Otis for a series to try and gain from this race in his name especially when the head of such an organization does not even know who the man was... Yes Otis loved Modified racing of all kinds but having known him I don't know if he would really put his seal of approval on the UAS series......

Thanking people for their involvement isn't disrespectful. Having a UAS class added to the Otis memorial event isn't disrespectful. The UAS class added to the show it added to the excitement it added to the participation. All these things were to make the Otis Memorial more not less. Thanking those who brought the UAS class and racers to the Otis memorial is NOT giving thanks to the UAS for doing anything.

Maybe you could further your agenda by not having a UAS class at this years Otis memorial. Don't use the UAS name it's rule structure or it's organizers to lure in racers and sponsors.

Guess that race should be run on its' Merrits.....hehe To eliminate confusion, it could be run termed as a "RWYB" with cc limits. And in honor of Otis, sweeten the pot by $100 or free entry for next years' even for a 4-cycle winner.

In regard to the original topic... When the UAS was first created, it was a bunch of home garage engine builders and tinkerers creating something and running it, seemingly largely from pre-existing karting powerplants. I'd hate to see the UAS move away from that concept... Kudos to those producing original machinery...

Offended!?!? If anyones offended about anything it should be the UAS as a whole by you and your team. At how the "at the time national champion " and team have acted. Physical assault and destruction of property. Anyone with any class would have bit the bullet, tucked tail and laid low for a bit. But instead you go on the offensive against everybody and everything you can. If the UAS was so bad then why did you ever get involved? Grow up allready and let the grownups talk.
The big o may not have been a sanctioned UAS event, but there was a UAS race there that day. It was a great day of racing that anyone would have been proud of. But I guess there is a hater in every crowd. Ok, fire back at me. Make sure it takes me back to my days in middle school.

In Florida in the 80's and early 90's it was called the Pro Outlaw class. I remember as a kid going all over the place with dad and his brother Vic, David Barker, Greg Thorp and a bunch of other guys to race. I believe the FL Allstars came shortly after that. Those were the days.

Well enough flash backs. Back to our regular scheduled show.

I'm getting me some popcorn and a hot pretzel.

Frankie

I really don't want to see a repeat performance on the UAS side of Bob's Forum that was on the "blown up" forum.

Sure wish a 'puter literate person would start a site for just UAS guys....requiring dogtag entry to access the site.
......PD (SlyDog)

I apologize. I should keep my comments to myself. Please disregard my previous post. I'm trying hard not to be like that anymore but it slips sometimes. Again my apologies.

Whatever guys I can take whatever you want to dish out and do it with a smile I will not tuck my tail for anything!! I'm done with this crap. You will never understand what I'm saying about the Big O race so why should I bother with it....

Jawa i believe this is just your opinon and you are not deserved of speaking for the decieced. If the man was a true supporter of kart racing as stated,i believe he would be very glad that his name and rememberence is involved in carying on something he so loved. It has become a positive that You are truely continuing a vendeta on this fourm and becoming evident that you cannot and have not said anything positive on any thread you have posted on. I cannot believe that all this hatred has continued to fester on here. Iam a newbe to the UAS part of the forum and believe you need to get controll of your emotions and either have some constructive input or sease and dissest. Iam a neutral bystander in all things past and am very tired of all the negativetism. You seem to be a very passionate man about karting, but all this fussing and fighting is not helping the sport in any manner.Everyone on here has heard your side of things and we no longer need to see how you dislike the UAS thats obvious. Please try and provide some positive input for all us who enjoy the comrodary of the other kart racers on here. You have a lot of knowledge to share but will not help anyone on here by sharing some with them. Get over the past and go on with the future what ever that may be.

Back