Kart Recommendation

Lbarton

Hi from North Central Texas!
The kid in me has come out once again, I have built a quarter mile dirt track on my ranch. The track has left and right turns, it is very hard packed, almost shiny. I thought building the track was the tough part until I started to research looking to buy a Kart. There are racing karts, champ karts, etc, I am confused on what would be the best karts to purchase . I want something that is reasonably quick, ( more pick up than top end) and somewhat durable, I can’t rebuild after every one or two times out. Is there such thing as a low Maintenence 2 stroke, or a quick 4 stroke. I would like to buy a kart or two that is built and ready to drive. Would be great-full for some advice or if you have a kart that would fit my needs, looking to buy it as soon as possible.
Thank you!
Larry

Low maintenance 2 stroke the Yamaha kt100 , 4 stoke, a clone , briggs- Lo206 or animal .
Simple and cheap harbour freight predator.
Chassis is another set of scenarios .
Oval or sprint ? You want sprint for left and right .
An oval could work , there designed to turn left . An older model may be best in this situation .

Find a couple straight rails, throw some treads on with whatever engine you pick and you'll have a blast. All the options flattop mentioned are great and aren't going to break the bank but there's always more powerful less reliable engines to be picked. If all your looking for is to have fun then get a couple of 206s, they will easily live multiple years with only routine maintenance.

Low maintenance 2 stroke the Yamaha kt100 , 4 stoke, a clone , briggs- Lo206 or animal .
An oval could work , there designed to turn left . An older model may be best in this situation .
Thank you kindly for the information. It has removed some of the confusion in picking the right kart. Now I need to find one that is within a reasonable distance to me. My ranch is located between Dallas and Abilene.”If I spent as much time picking a wife as I am picking a kart I would still be married!”
Thanks!!

Find a couple straight rails, throw some treads on with whatever engine you pick and you'll have a blast. All the options flattop mentioned are great and aren't going to break the bank but there's always more powerful less reliable engines to be picked. If all your looking for is to have fun then get a couple of 206s, they will easily live multiple years with only routine maintenance.
Thank you! All great advice, now I need to find one not to far from me. My place is between Dallas and Abilene Texas if any one has what I am looking for.

I second the harbor freight predator motor option.. can’t beat the cost for a fun class

check out www.grasspass.org before you go too much further.... anyhow, I'd get a "sprint" chassis (aka "straight rail") and KT-100, bone stock, with a 2 disc clutch set to a very low engagement. The engine will be about 15hp and be easy to rebuild or have someone fix if neccesary, It can be upgraded to the low 20's hp, and who doesn't love castor fumes? The crazy Australians have beat us to this game, but I hope we pick it up and take it to the extremes...

Great information, I have sent them an email, perhaps they can build a kart for me? If not, any suggestions on where to find my “grass roots” kart?
Thank you very much!

If I was in your shoes, I'd troll facebook marketplace or craigslist until I found a sprint kart, buy a new MCP brake system and install it, put some treaded tires on, get a stock KT-100 setup, and go have fun....

More great advice, thank you! If you ever pass through Texas, let me know, try out my track and some Texas BBQ!
Have you ever tried the motorized drift trikes, look like a blast, almost got one the other day...

Back