Kart shop identification?

Can anyone identify these markings?

#1 - Looks like KTR with 1156 and 774
1591051607493.png

#2 - If you look carefully it says THE KART SHOP
1591051712905.png

#3 - It reads B+S 20 or B+S 2.0 (Bored & Stroked? lol)
1591051797642.png

Brian #89

Back in the late 80's & 90's in Houston Texas there was a guy that used that Woody marking. he had a pretty good following from that area. I can't remember the guys name thou. I can't think of anyone from that area that might still know who it was.
The Kart Shop was Collin Lynn and he had a partner , they were from the Dallas Fort Worth area

1.155 is the exhaust port height in most organizations and .775 I believe is close to the intake setting for a blueprinted KT100.
this is all speculation but if they were making changes and dyno testing each change the setting that made best torque and horsepower combination were marked on cylinder for future reference. I know guys that write it with sharpies but that washes off. The B+S could be the blow down as well.

Hmmm, interesting thought.
Hmmm, interesting thought.

1.155 is the exhaust port height in most organizations and .775 I believe is close to the intake setting for a blueprinted KT100.
this is all speculation but if they were making changes and dyno testing each change the setting that made best torque and horsepower combination were marked on cylinder for future reference. I know guys that write it with sharpies but that washes off. The B+S could be the blow down as well.
My old tech book has the Exhaust at 1.110" & the Intake at .875" with a .010" wide feeler gage. I know the numbers you gave above are using the LAD gage. That makes sense on the first picture. The B&S 20 is from another jug.

My old tech book has the Exhaust at 1.110" & the Intake at .875" with a .010" wide feeler gage. I know the numbers you gave above are using the LAD gage. That makes sense on the first picture. The B&S 20 is from another jug.
That all makes sense .
Question - Are those dimensions only good on that block piston combination . If you use that cylinder on another block ,same base gasket its going too change . Right ?

That all makes sense .
Question - Are those dimensions only good on that block piston combination . If you use that cylinder on another block ,same base gasket its going too change . Right ?
Yes, it would depend on the distance from center of the crankshaft to the top of the jug mounting surface, the length of the rod & the stroke of the crank. They all come into play.

Back