Kart starting point

dmccraw84

I'm another guy been out of karting for a long time and looking to get back in. Not worried about engines. I'll buy what I need. I know about the prep game. Set up is gonna be the struggle.
When I raced in HS my dad wouldn't tell me anything. He was secretive about the weighing st home.
I'd scale then at track tell him what's wrong and he would change something. He wouldn't let me pick his brain and learn. His answer was shut up and drive. Lol.

So my question. How do you decide on a starting point for new tracks. What makes you decide on a certain weight percent or camber and castor etc.

I'm another guy been out of karting for a long time and looking to get back in. Not worried about engines. I'll buy what I need. I know about the prep game. Set up is gonna be the struggle.
When I raced in HS my dad wouldn't tell me anything. He was secretive about the weighing st home.
I'd scale then at track tell him what's wrong and he would change something. He wouldn't let me pick his brain and learn. His answer was shut up and drive. Lol.

So my question. How do you decide on a starting point for new tracks. What makes you decide on a certain weight percent or camber and castor etc.

Always use the chassis manufacturer's baseline setup if you know the make of chassis you have, and adjust from there.
For tire type and gear it's always best to talk with the track owner or the part's guy at the track

If you would post where you race, class, weight tires I am sure someone on here can help.
I race a PRC chassis also. But my setup might not work for you. I am a big guy. over 200 lbs
But here goes
400# class
front 47.
left 60
cross 69

Camber
right 3
left .5
caster
7 left 10 right
tires right 34 inch
left 33 rear and 32 1/2 front

right rear as close to frame without tire rubbing!! Left about 1 inch out.
Prep the heck out of tires as much grip as possible and as much air pressure as you can stand.
I run 1100 to 1200 ft hard clay with good to almost good grip.

You can also call Phantom and they will be more than happy to help you. Great customer service.

Back