Karting Technology Conference Call - KTCC

Thanks to all the participants in last night's ATCC meeting related to specialty shop tools, fixtures and equipment used in performance engine building per the below listed topics.

Next meeting will be Tuesday 3/18/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time. Plan is to finish up on the last two topics listed below #11 & #12.

1) Fixtures and tooling used for block and head milling
2) Valve seats and valve equipment
3) Flow bench types and function
4) Carburetor set up tools and tech gaging
5) Valve spring gaging and pressure measurements
6) Specialty hand tools
7) Cylinder honing equipment
8) Camshaft profile tools and measurement methods
9) Tech tools and measurement methods
10) Tech tool design, accuracy and procurement
11) Shop floor design, tools and equipment layout for efficiency
12) Engine building time study - Cost vs. time vs. quality / performance

Agenda for ATCC 3/25/14 meeting
1) Business marketing
2) Advertising
3) Karting shows and swap meets
3) Track side support
4) Customer service
5) Business ethics

If there are any other engine builders / Briggs Motorsports dealers that want to participate in this Briggs Animal technical conference (ATCC) call please contact me.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell
E mail = Bakerracingeng@aol.com

Thanks to all the participants in last night's ATCC meeting related to specialty shop tools, fixtures and equipment used in performance engine building. Good discussions finishing up on shop floor layout,equipment and cleaning systems.

Next meeting will be Tuesday 3/25/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time and the topics for discussion are listed below.

Agenda for ATCC 3/25/14 meeting
1) Business marketing
2) Advertising
3) Karting shows and swap meets
3) Track side support
4) Customer service
5) Business ethics

If there are any other engine builders / Briggs Motorsports dealers that want to participate in this Briggs Animal technical conference (ATCC) call please contact me.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Thanks again to all the participants in last night's ATCC meeting related to Performance Engine Building business marketing / advertising and promoting a successful business. Next meeting will be LO206 discussions per below agenda.

Next meeting will be Tuesday 4/1/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time.

Agenda for ATCC 4/1/14 meeting
1) LO 206 Program
2) Advertising the LO206
3) Pros / Cons
4) Engine maintenance
5) Tuning LO206
6) Top end tune up and settings
7) RPM levels
8) Performance equality
9) Accessory options
10) LO206 pricing

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Thanks again to all the participants in last night's ATCC meeting related to the Briggs LO206 program. Very good discussion on all the aspects of promotion / marketing / pricing, technical, maintenance and performance of this program. Next meeting will be Clutch technology.

Next meeting will be Tuesday 4/8/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time.

Agenda for ATCC 4/8/14 meeting
1) Clutch types
2) Performance comparisons
3) Maintenance
4) Balance
5) Plate pressure distribution
6) Plate / disc surface finish
7) Friction disc material / life
8) Rebuilding / conditioning
9) Tools and equipment
10) Pricing

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Thanks again to all the participants in last night's ATCC meeting related to kart racing clutch technology. Supreme discussions on all the aspects of clutch function, technology, performance comparisons, maintenance and rebuilding. A special thanks to Kermit Buller from Bully Clutches for attending this meeting and sharing his knowledge and professionalism with the group!
Next meeting agenda items are listed below.

Next meeting will be Tuesday 4/15/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time.

Agenda for ATCC 4/15/14 meeting
1) Chassis design
2) Adjustability
3) Tubing size
4) Track function
5) Tuning adjustments
6) Friction losses
7) Weight transfer / VCG
8) Caster / Camber adjustments
9) Toe in / toe out
10) Aero discussion

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Thanks again to all the participants in tonight’s ATCC meeting related to Chassis Technology as outlined in the agenda below. A special thanks to Harrill Wiggins owner of Phantom Chassis for attending this meeting. Harrill’s knowledge of chassis design and track tuning comes from many years experience in the field of Chassis building and helping so many racers over the years and was greatly appreciated to be part of this team conference call.

http://www.phantomchassis.com/

Agenda for ATCC 4/15/14 meeting
1) Chassis design
2) Adjustability
3) Tubing size
4) Track function
5) Tuning adjustments
6) Friction losses
7) Weight transfer / VCG
8) Caster / Camber adjustments
9) Toe in / toe out
10) Aero discussion

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Next meeting will be Tuesday 4/22/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time.

Tire / Rim Design and Performance

Agenda for KTCC 4/22/14 meeting
1) Basic tire deisgn and manufacturing processes
2) Performance features
3) Side wall stiffness
4) Tread surface shape
5) Tire runout
6) Rubber hardness / composition
7) Reading tire hardness / durometer reading
8) Reading the tire contact patch
9) Tire temps / air pressure vs performance
10) Standard air vs nitrogen
11) Tire wear vs chassis set up
12) Tire cutting and treatment methods
13) Rim design and performance factors
14) Mounting tires

Future meeting topics - Data acquisition systems, Race track designs , Race events and promotion activity and Kart racing safety to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

If there are any other Kart Shops, Engine Builders or Kart Racing Component Manufacturers that want to participate in this Karting Technical Conference Call (KTCC) please contact me.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

We are moving todays meeting to next Tuesday, 4/29/14 so that representatives from tire and rim manufactures can be present.

Next meeting will be Tuesday 4/29/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time.

Agenda for KTCC 4/29/14 meeting
1) Basic tire deisgn and manufacturing processes
2) Performance features
3) Side wall stiffness
4) Tread surface shape
5) Tire runout
14) Mounting tires

Future meeting topics - Data acquisition systems, Race track designs , Race events and promotion activity and Kart racing safety to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

If there are any other Kart Shops, Engine Builders or Kart Racing Component Manufacturers that want to participate in this Karting Technical Conference Call (KTCC) please contact me.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks again to all the participants in tonight’s KTCC meeting related to Tire and Rim Design and Performance as outlined in the agenda below. A special thanks to Adam Batton and Jeff Freeman from Hoosier Racing Tires and Brian Bass owner of Van K Racing Rims for attending this meeting. Great conversations about tire / rim technology and performance.

http://www.hoosiertire.com/specsrrk.htm

http://www.vankwheels.com/

1) Basic tire design and manufacturing processes
2) Performance features
3) Side wall stiffness
4) Tread surface shape
5) Tire run out
14) Mounting tires

Future meeting topics - Data acquisition systems, Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity and Kart racing safety to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Last edited:
Ya need to join in Gary. I think your experience could be very beneficial to our discussion time as well.
Several very well respected folks from our industry chime in weekly.
These discussions have been great.

I thought it was basically just on engine building so I haven't followed it. I wil keep an eye on it
Unfortunately that last topic was probably my best to give input on.

Gary, each week Steve sends out an agenda for the meeting. I would encourage you to get on that list and attend when you feel you can either can contribute, get something out of the discussion, or preferably both. I think the next discussion will be on data acquisition and I suspect you might have input or interest in that subject as well.

I would love to have a follow-up discussion to the last two meetings regarding track side application of chassis design, wheels, and tires (specifically how it applies to 4-cycle sprint.)

Next meeting will be Tuesday 5/6/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time.

Data Acquisition Systems

Agenda for KTCC 5/6/14 meeting
1) Data Acquisition Systems Manufacturers
2) System price ranges
3) Special features and capabilities
4) Lap time comparison
5) Lap to lap overlays
6) Temp vs rpm
7) Corner G force analysis
8) Track mapping
9) Driving line and corner speed
10) Using the data to improve driving skill
11) Down loading data and analyzing
12) G-sensor (accelerometer)
13) Split times / best lap
14) GPS system
15) Engine tuning based on system feedback
16) Wheel speed sensors to monitor gear changes

Future meeting topics - Sprint chassis design and chassis set ups, Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity, Kart racing safety, Cryogenics and surface coatings to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Last edited:
Thanks again to all the participants in yesterday's KTCC meeting related to Data Acquisition Systems as outlined in the agenda below. A special thanks to the 4 special guests listed below for attending this meeting and sharing their wealth of expertise and knowledge! Very informative information about data acquisition and kart racing.

http://www.aimsports.com/

http://www.davidmurry.com/

Josh Hanrahan - Technical Advisor - AIM Sports LLC
Roger Caddell - Technical / Training Manager - AIM Sports LLC
David Murry - Performance Driving Instructor and Owner of David Murry Track Days
Gary Lawson - Kart Racing Tuner / Driving Instructor / Multi National Champion Kart Racer

Agenda for KTCC 5/6/14 meeting
1) Data Acquisition Systems Manufacturers
2) System price ranges
3) Special features and capabilities
4) Lap time comparison
5) Lap to lap overlays
6) Temp vs rpm
7) Corner G force analysis
8) Track mapping
9) Driving line and corner speed
10) Using the data to improve driving skill
11) Down loading data and analyzing
12) G-sensor (accelerometer)
13) Split times / best lap
14) GPS system
15) Engine tuning based on system feedback
16) Wheel speed sensors to monitor gear changes

Future meeting topics - Sprint chassis design and chassis set ups, Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity, Kart racing safety, Cryogenics and surface coatings to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

Thanks
Steve

Next meeting will be Tuesday 5/13/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time.

Surface coatings / Metal treatments & Cryogenics

Agenda for KTCC 5/13/14 meeting
1) Low friction surface coatings
2) Materials engineering
3) Vapor deposition
4) Cryogenics
5) Heat treating vs Cold treating
6) TiN / CrN / Teflon / PTFE / Micro finishing
7) Molecular structure of materials
8) Stress relieving aluminum
9) Applications in karting for above processes

Future meeting topics - Sprint chassis design and chassis set ups, Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity, Kart racing safety, CNC billet parts and machining processes to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Thanks again to all the participants in tonight's KTCC meeting related to Surface coatings / Metal treatments & Cryogenics as outlined in the agenda below. A special thanks to Dave Adams from Calico Coatings and Dick Mayberry from 300 Below for attending this very informative conference call. Good discussions about the low friction coating process and materials engineering in the Cryogenic process as it relates to karting technology.

http://www.calicocoatings.com/

http://www.300below.com/

Agenda for KTCC 5/13/14 meeting
1) Low friction surface coatings
2) Materials engineering
3) Vapor deposition
4) Cryogenics
5) Heat treating vs Cold treating
6) TiN / CrN / Teflon / PTFE / Micro finishing
7) Molecular structure of materials
8) Stress relieving aluminum
9) Applications in karting for above processes

Future meeting topics - Sprint chassis design and chassis set ups, Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity, Kart racing safety, CNC billet parts and machining processes to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Next meeting will be Tuesday 5/20/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time.

4 Cycle Sprint Chassis design and track tuning

Agenda for ATCC 5/20/14 meeting
1) Chassis design
2) Adjustability
3) Axle stiffness
4) Track function
5) Tuning adjustments
6) Weight transfer / VCG
7) Caster / Camber adjustments
8) Toe in / toe out
9) Body work / mounting - areo

Future meeting topics - Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity, Kart racing safety, CNC billet parts and machining processes to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Thanks again to all the participants in tonight's KTCC meeting related to 4 Cycle Sprint Chassis design and track tuning as outlined in the agenda below. A special thanks to Jim Lipari from Coyote Chassis Company. Very informative discussions about chassis design and track tuning.

http://www.coyotekarts.com/

4 Cycle Sprint Chassis design and track tuning

Agenda for ATCC 5/20/14 meeting
1) Chassis design
2) Adjustability
3) Axle stiffness
4) Track function
5) Tuning adjustments
6) Weight transfer / VCG
7) Caster / Camber adjustments
8) Toe in / toe out
9) Body work / mounting - areo

Future meeting topics - Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity, Kart racing safety, CNC billet parts and machining processes to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Back