Karting Technology Conference Call - KTCC

Next meeting will be Tuesday 5/27/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time.

Animal Modified and Open engines

Agenda for ATCC 5/27/14 meeting
1) Basic Modified engines
2) Billet component availibility
3) Crankshaft design / strokes
4) Cylinder head design
5) Valve train / springs
6 Camshaft profiles / lifts
7) RPM levels and Power ratings
8) Compression ratio / ignition timing
9) Durability concerns / issues
10) Events and future of Modified / Open racing

Future meeting topics - Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity, Kart racing safety, CNC billet parts and machining processes to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

If there are any other Kart Shops, Engine Builders or Kart Racing Component Manufacturers that want to participate in this Karting Technical Conference Call (KTCC) please contact me.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell
E mail = Bakerracingeng@aol.com

Karting Technology Conference Call ( KTCC ) will be suspended for the summer due to busy schedules and work load during the racing season. We will start up again in the late fall time frame. Thanks to all the members of this team and the many special guest that participated in these weekly meetings over the past 7 months.

If there are any other Kart Shops, Engine Builders or Kart Racing Component Manufacturers that want to participate in this Karting Technical Conference Call (KTCC) please contact me.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Thanks Steve for doing this.I was not able to make all the calls, but the ones that I did were very helpful and I think a good time was had by all.Looking forward to this fall!

We will be starting the KTCC up again in a few more months. In the mean time be thinking of any new topics that you feel would be good for these meetings and forward them to me.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

It's time to get back at it again with the KTCC meetings for the 2014/2015 season.

Next meeting will be Tuesday 11/4/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time.

Agenda for KTCC 11/4/14 meeting
1) General topics
2) 2014 racing season recap
3) Lessons learned
4) Agenda items going forward
5) Karting organization updates

Future meeting topics - Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity, Kart racing safety, CNC billet parts and machining processes to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Thanks to all the KTCC members who participating in the 2014/2015 KTCC kick off meeting last night. Good round table discussions on 2014 race recaps and general karting topics. Including discussion on karting grass roots, where karting is today and what improvements would help future growth.

Agenda for KTCC 11/4/14 meeting
1) General topics
2) 2014 racing season recap
3) Lessons learned
4) Agenda items going forward
5) Karting organization updates

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell

Next meeting will be Wednesday 11/12/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time. We will be honored to have Kevin Gertgen president / CEO of Performance Trends Inc as our special guest and subject matter expert with us for this KTCC meeting.
http://performancetrends.com/

Computers and Software Technology for Performance Engine Building

Agenda for ATCC 11/12/14 meeting
1) Software for Dyno testing
2) Water brake vs. Inertia dyno testing
3) Engine only vs. Chassis dyno testing
4) Engine simulation computer software
5) Flow bench measurements
6) Computer analysis for camshaft profiles
7) Performance engine building and software
8) Computer / electronic engine component gaging
9) Tech barn technical measurements with computers
10) Technical round table discussion related to future engine building with computers

Future meeting topics – Karting Organization structures and operation, Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity, Kart racing safety, CNC billet parts and machining processes to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell
(B4C website supporter)

Thanks again to all the participants in last nights KTCC conf call meeting. A special thanks to Kevin Gertgen president / CEO of Performance Trends Inc. Meeting was very educational and informative, Kevin brings a wealth of knowledge in the area of Computers and Software Technology for Performance Engine Building and racers assistance with his Engineering background and previous years at Ford Motor Company in their Dyno laboratory test facility. If you have questions for Kevin you can contact him per below contact info.

Performance Trends Inc - Producing Quality Computer Tools for Racers and Engine Builders since 1986
http://performancetrends.com/

Topics of discussion at ATCC 11/12/14 meeting
1) Software for Dyno testing
2) Water brake vs. Inertia dyno testing
3) Engine only vs. Chassis dyno testing
4) Engine simulation computer software
5) Flow bench measurements
6) Computer analysis for camshaft profiles
7) Performance engine building and software
8) Computer / electronic engine component gaging
9) Tech barn technical measurements with computers
10) Technical round table discussion related to future engine building with computers

Future meeting topics – Karting Organization structures and operation, Race track designs, Race events and promotion activity, Kart racing safety, CNC billet parts and machining processes to name a few upcoming conference call topics.

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell
(B4C website supporter)

Next meeting will be Tuesday 11/25/14 at 8:00 PM eastern time. This meeting will be about the LO206 program as listed in agenda below.

Agenda for KTCC 11/25/14
1) LO 206 Program
2) Advertising the LO206
3) Engine maintenance
4) Tuning LO206
5) Top end tune up and settings
6) RPM levels vs track size & layout
7) Accessory options
8) LO206 cost vs pricing

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell
(B4C website supporter)

Next meeting TBA. Larry Jones from Larry Jones Motorsports will be our special guest and subject matter expert with us for this KTCC meeting.

http://www.larryjonesmotorsports.com/

Tire Cutting Technology

Agenda
1) Basic tire cutting
2) Chassis dynamics vs tire cutting
3) Tire temps pre / post tire cutting
4) Tire cuts for qualifying and A mains
5) Camber and tire crowns
6) Tire cutting as a business
6) Round table discussion

Thanks
Steve
419-217-3881 cell
(B4C website supporter)

Back