karting vs Jr dragster

For those who cringe at the thought of laying out 1,000 + for a competitive engine just take a look at jegs JR drag motor offerings
a top tier blockzilla is 5,750$ then add the chassis and all the other expenses and soon you realize that it could be cheaper to send your kids to england for polo lessons. I was drag racing when JR drag started and i thought it was a great thing but it got out of control quickly so IMO karting is a bargain even if we put hundreds of dollars into a 99$ motor.
I find it silly that somebody would spend 15.00$ for 4oz of fuel perfume but the JR drag crowd does. So next time you start to think that karting cost are out of hand just browse JR drag parts and equiptment.

Agreed, combative hodaka. What I always tell people just getting started in karting is to remember that there is NO cheap way to go racing, just some forms of racing that are less expensive than others. :)

Try Micro 600 racing. It becomes the will of the wallet. Kart racing is the most affordable racing; even with the cost of prep and tires.

DK

it seems now days anything that touches a dragstrip becomes a dreaded expense, dragstrips have a million rules for a car to be deemed safe wether its a 20 sec or an 10 sec car, and then its bracket racing, so 1 or 2 passes and you may be done and time to go home, whats the fun in that ? oval tracks are much easier and cheaper and more fun wether its a bomber class or all out late model and you can go many laps not 1 or 2.

Anything with the word racing in it, its going to cost you money, might as well just through $100.00 bill on the ground when you leave the house to go to the track...:)

We use to jr drag race when I was a kid and the chassis I had was $6,200 rolling brand new and the motor was $4,600 3 1/4x3 cast aluminum block from McGee motorsports all flat head motors. Clutch $1400. That's just those 3 things.... it's just like any racing your gonna pay whatever to be competitive and win.

Came back to karting this season after years in big cars, and I forgot how affordable karting was compared to my asphalt modified. On top of that, I'm having a lot more fun than I've had in years racing.

Back