Karting

Rockets 4

We’re new to the karting game. Bought a 17 model charger with a roof Miller motor. My ?is we’re running purple and blue plate. What jets to run in the carb? The carb runs real rich when idle but give it gas it clears up. And the clutch is a bully when should it come in? It’s around 3400 now. And how does Birthday works. My son will be 12 in February it says 10-12 purple and 12-15 blue. He never raced before

We’re new to the karting game. Bought a 17 model charger with a roof Miller motor. My ?is we’re running purple and blue plate. What jets to run in the carb? The carb runs real rich when idle but give it gas it clears up. And the clutch is a bully when should it come in? It’s arojnd 3400 now. And how does Birthday works. My son will be 12 in February it says 10-12 purple and 12-15 blue. He never raced before

I think you mean Todd Miller motor, He's good to run purple plate and never raced start him there DON"T try blue just because age allows, I'm NO motor guy cannot help you there, I think your close on clutch but there are better clutch guy's that will chime in.

Good Luck !!

Stay in purple until he has to move up for sure, some jr3 drivers have 10 years of racing experience. Call Todd and he can point you in the right direction on jetting and clutch engagement. Was the motor a plate motor or adult motor when you bought it? That can make a difference in how it runs with the restrictor plate.

In fact I'm pretty sure per WKA age rule as long as he's still 12 on DEC 27 th & up to ? 2019 I think he's still be OK to race purple next season 2020 as well.
Wynn maybe you can confirm this ?

In fact I'm pretty sure per WKA age rule as long as he's still 12 on DEC 27 th & up to ? 2019 I think he's still be OK to race purple next season 2020 as well.
Wynn maybe you can confirm this ?

correct, if he turned 13 during the season he would have to move up'
I agree also run him in purple this season

If it was setup by Todd Miller as a purple plate, do not change anything. If not give him a call.
(704)-636-1224

And do anything he recommends.
Most engines will run rich at idle, That is why you should never allow it to idle for very much at all.
They are designed to run wide open.

I have an issue with the whole idle circuit rich thing. I have a hard time getting them to start like this cold. Does everybody have someone to crack the throttle open when starting or what is the trick? Or do you put a pocket screwdriver between the throttle lever and idle set screw?? Or do you idle it up to 2k?? This may help Rockets 4 also. This whole karting game goes against my tuning religion. LOL

I have an issue with the whole idle circuit rich thing. I have a hard time getting them to start like this cold. Does everybody have someone to crack the throttle open when starting or what is the trick? Or do you put a pocket screwdriver between the throttle lever and idle set screw?? Or do you idle it up to 2k?? This may help Rockets 4 also. This whole karting game goes against my tuning religion. LOL

Need to shut the fuel off and let it die on its own, and when you go to start it, turn fuel on count to 3 and pull

Back