Kathy Hartman

Ask Haddock and Dismore both who is the best (especially Sprint racing) and they will say Kyle Adkins. I have never been able to beat any of the three when their engines were still running at the end of the event, so I think they are all "Legendary" :D
Well, I have had a chance to work with all of them. I agree Kyle Adkins best; but Scott Pruett not far behind; then Lynn Haddock and Mark Dismore and Gary Emmick and Lake Speed. Linda Emmick and Kathey Hartman great racers, but not in the same field. Too many other greats to mention them. Ask them yourself about my opinion.

Danlumello@gmail.com

The 70's and 80's was in my opinion the heyday of karting, I was always amazed at the ingenuity and skill of some karters both drivers and mechanics, I always thought Lynn Haddock and Kyle Adkins were the Kings of karting during those years, they were truly a joy to watch, then there is Lake Speed World Champion 1978!!

I love reading these threads of days gone by. Now everyone kinda follows the others, no true innovators. The best I knew personnally was Dick Spoonts. He built my yamahas when I enduro raced...tons of mid range power. I hope to gain .1% of all the things he forgot. Me and another guy I race with "laugh" at the way he would make bearings fit in a pocket or a hub fit on something...Dick would sit back and laugh at us trying to put it on..."Fits pretty good doesnt it!!" And the motors he built had no ownership to them, they were Yamahas or Parilla or Komets...All built to his liking, not who he wanted to win.

Dick Spoonts pass on a few years ago. Thats when I met his wife and children. I visited twice when he was under Hospas care in a nursing home. Sounds like a long time but, he was only there for a few weeks. The last time I went, I figured it would be the last time I would ever see him, so I brought a connecting rod and asked the family if it could be put in his shirt pocket right before burial.

I love reading these threads of days gone by. Now everyone kinda follows the others, no true innovators. The best I knew personnally was Dick Spoonts. He built my yamahas when I enduro raced...tons of mid range power. I hope to gain .1% of all the things he forgot. Me and another guy I race with "laugh" at the way he would make bearings fit in a pocket or a hub fit on something...Dick would sit back and laugh at us trying to put it on..."Fits pretty good doesnt it!!" And the motors he built had no ownership to them, they were Yamahas or Parilla or Komets...All built to his liking, not who he wanted to win.

Dick Spoonts pass on a few years ago. Thats when I met his wife and children. I visited twice when he was under Hospas care in a nursing home. Sounds like a long time but, he was only there for a few weeks. The last time I went, I figured it would be the last time I would ever see him, so I brought a connecting rod and asked the family if it could be put in his shirt pocket right before burial.
Great story indeed.

Back